ROSE procedure

classite
on 2/5/08 9:29 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Anyone have the ROSE procedure done and if so, how successful was it?
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Renee M.
on 2/6/08 9:09 am
I'm supposed to be in a trial for it but haven't had a response to my question about it yet, lol.  I don't know if it's the same as "eros" or not.  Mine is supposed to be done in early March probably.
srscott
on 6/20/08 9:13 am

I will be having an  egd on July 1

angelrnob
on 2/7/08 12:31 pm - Altoona, IA
I have passed the first step.. The second step is getting a Upper GI and endoscope to measure your stomach and stoma...waiting to get this ordered and where they want it measured..anyone else getting this?
babybee6
on 2/8/08 12:05 am - Cincinnati, OH
I am scheduled for my scope Tuesday morning. If nothing else, I will know what's going on with my pouch and stoma. A week before my scheduled tests for the RESTORe procedure, they canceled me. So I'm excited that this came along.
Betsy C.
on 2/8/08 3:31 am - Efland, NC
Good Luck babybee - let us know how the scope goes and all that you find out about the procedure. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

babybee6
on 2/8/08 4:21 am - Cincinnati, OH
Thanks Betsy! It was your post that made me aware of this new study. All I know is they're taking 20 people (I guess this is at each location) but this is a procedure some docs are doing. The study  is $1000 and after that everything else is covered.  The procedure costs $14,000 at the facility I am going to. So I think $1000 sounds like a bargain especially since this isn't covered by insurance. Brenda
Betsy C.
on 2/8/08 4:41 am - Efland, NC
I just don't understand why a clinical trial is charging anything at all. 

Lap RNY 5/7/03

babybee6
on 2/8/08 4:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
I don't either therefore I will be asking lots of questions. Maybe it's the surgeons' fee to offset whatever he gets from the manufacturer of the equipment. I don't know. Right now I'm trying to fight off a cold so that i will be able to go through with my test. I'm taking Zicam, which I never do but my husband swears by it, and drinking lots of water and taking it easy. That's all I can think of to do. Do you have any suggestions? So far I don't feel too bad.
Betsy C.
on 2/8/08 5:00 am - Efland, NC
I never have any luck with Zicam, with anything for that matter.  Fortunately I only get about 1 cold a year, and I had  mine a few weeks back.  I think I would want to know why you are having to pay, when in most clinical trials, the participants get paid to participate. 

Lap RNY 5/7/03

Most Active
Recent Topics