no success with band over bypass

twinklet
on 6/26/12 2:09 am - bronx, NY
 Hello,

I had gastric bypass in 2004 and went from 314 to 167 over the years i gained 40 pounds so two years ago, I went for band over bypass and went from 214 to 187 back to 198.  My doctor told me that band over bypass was not to make me loose weight but to maintain my weight.  Had i known this i would never done band over bypass.  I was wondering has anyone ever had their band removed because I am considering doing the sleeve.  My band is full and i cannot get it filled anymore.  Any suggestions????
H.A.L.A B.
on 6/26/12 7:58 am
Get it removed before it causes any damage and hopefully you can convert that to sleeve or DS

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

heathercross
on 6/27/12 12:07 pm - New York, NY
 I know Mitchell Roslin, and I doubt he would ever tell anyone the BOB was to "maintain" weight loss.  I had the BOB last June, I've lost 60lbs, all the weight I regained from the RNY.  I am also surprised you could get a band at 214lbs?

twinklet
on 6/27/12 12:22 pm - bronx, NY
That's what I was told by Dr Roslin and yes Dr Roslin did my Band over bypass at 214 lbs. I guess we learn as we go on. Had I known this before BOB I would not have chose BOB I would have done the sleeve. I'm happy it's working for you,I wish you continued success.
heathercross
on 6/27/12 12:26 pm - New York, NY
Just very surprised bc I had my initial surgery at Lenox Hill (RNY in 2002) with Dr. Leitman and I saw Roslin in 2010-2011 for a revision.  We discussed the BOB as well as an RNY revision. He wanted me to do the RNY - RNY revision bc it was ver risky and the complication rate was high.  I chose the BOB instead and ended uphaving it done with his ex-partner, Dr. Kurian, bc Lenox Hill wasn't apprvoed as a Bariatric Center of Excellance with Aetna at the time (right after merger with NSLIJ).

I know about 3 dozen people on here, all BOBs. All have lost weight and deemed themselves successful. Have you had an esophogram to see what is up?  I mean, to not lose any weight with the band seems odd to me.
stephanie24
on 6/27/12 12:55 pm - brooklyn, NY
i had rny in 2006 i weighed 275 got down to 135, over the years gained 70lbs back.  last year i had a revision of rny done and lost nothing!!!!  so now at 207 im going to have the lap band done and i got approved on july 11th at maimmoedes with Dr Sherwinter
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

AMEK
on 1/8/14 12:53 pm

Hi!  Can you please tell me how you got the insurance to cover your BOB?  Also, how long did it take to get approval?  Anything you can tell me would be greatly appreciated.  I had gastric bypass in 2002 and am pursuing BOB insurance coverage now.   Thank you

twinklet
on 6/28/12 7:17 am - bronx, NY
 Dr Roslin is sending me for tests now, maybe something is wrong. 
scarlettbegonias
on 6/27/12 11:48 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
I'm with H.B on this I'd get it removed before it causes you any damage- any damage it does cause will make the sleeve that little bit harder, good luck!!
heathercross
on 6/28/12 9:43 am - New York, NY
 Can you go from an RNY to a Band to a Sleeve? I mean at what point do you say ENOUGH?
Most Active
Recent Topics