Tummy Tuck approved - Tricare Prime

michellejk
on 3/6/09 7:28 am - WA
Just wanted to let all the Tricare Prime insurance peps out there that my TT was approved.  I had open RNY 11 months ago.  I am meeting with the surgeon on Tuesday to schedule the surgery.  I am having it done at the military hospital (although I could have it done civilian)....my Primary Care doc is good friends with the surgeon and he said he would help me convince him to do my breasts too (a lift).  So I am having him do it so I can get both procedures done.  I wont find out unitl Tues. if he will do the breasts for sure. 

-Michelle
MelissaF
on 3/6/09 7:32 am, edited 3/6/09 7:35 am - Northwood, IA
Congrats that is such a blessing.  Not many insurance plans will cover the full TT procedure i have found.  Tricare, title 19, medicare/medicaid and a couple select others are the only ones I have seen and sometimes mega appeals and lawyer involvement.  Most just cover a panni removal, considering yourself BLESSED!

I have an lower body lift in april most likely and only the panni portion is covered and that took quite a few months to get covered in itself!  I may have breasts done as well as I have some skin laterally to my breasts that bugs me big time and will only be able to addres that with some breast work, LBL will not touch that.

Good luck and CONGRATS!!!!!
Hugs, Melissa 

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=6166c1bf498224d5a8b93e&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

RNY- 12/04/06 with Dr. Matt Glasock

LBL - 4/28/09 with Dr. Rene Recinos

moondancer2000
on 3/6/09 8:04 am - Ft Rucker, AL
TRICARE????  Wow!!!  That is so good to know, thank you for sharing this!!  Do you happen to know that it is a full TT and not just the panni?  Now I have something to look farward to again after the weight comes off!!  So excited!!!  Thanks again for sharing!!!

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

michellejk
on 3/6/09 8:11 am - WA
Full TT...The approval is for an abdominoplasty, not a panniculectomy.

My doc is really cool and went down to the tricare office and talked to them, came back and said "got you approved" ;) 

moondancer2000
on 3/6/09 9:13 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Man that is so great!!  I hope I will be able to get it done too!!  

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

wljsransom
on 7/31/13 10:57 am - AL
I had my baratric surgery 2 yrs ago tricare prime would not approve for me to have it unless my stomach fell below my knees and had a rash doesn't clear up with medication.i can't even get it approved for on post dr.
purplegroomery
on 3/27/15 2:28 am - RIEGELWOOD, NC

What did your doctor say to get your surgery for fI'll tummy tuck approved? My pcm is also awesome and willing to help in any way get it done for me. You can email me [email protected] 

jillianD
on 3/6/09 8:14 am - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
What surgeon is doing yours?  I am having Dr Patel do my breasts in April.  I am so excited!!  The plastics Dr's at Madigan are pretty easy going.  I hope your appt  goes well!!
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

michellejk
on 3/6/09 8:19 am - WA
Dr. Frosolone, at Whidbey Island Naval hospital.  I am hoping that he is easy going too and will do my breasts, my Primary Care doc made it sound pretty promising. 

Are you getting a TT done at the hospital?  When you do your breasts do they bother going through tricare or is it like an in house thing?

-Michelle
jillianD
on 3/6/09 11:21 pm - olympia, WA
RNY on 02/13/08 with
They will be doing my tummy but not until later.  I had wanted them both done at the same time but I need pretty extensive work so they must be done seperate.

I think it is more of an in house thing.  Good luck aond I wish you a speedy wait.  It might be faster for ou because you are in a smaller facitlity. 

Madigan is bad these days they are so over booked...
Jilly  BR/BL  April 15, 2009!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 443 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?