This is happening so fast!!! ;-)

Amy T.
on 3/24/11 4:59 am, edited 3/24/11 5:02 am - CA
Just got home from my first NUT appointment.  I am rather proud of myself!  Since last Thursday,  I have checked off my list - Endocrinologist appt, NUT appointment,  diet class,  orientation meeting, PAP, mammogram,  and next week I have my psych eval.  Thank God I am on spring break this week - as I had lots of time to squeeze this all in!  ;-)

My appt with the surgeon is April 13th!!  The staff said after that meeting he will submit the info to insurance and about a week later I should have approval!   

I have already cut out carbonated beverages, sugar and carbs in the last 3 weeks.   Tomorrow I am going to start with one protien shake a day, and a few weeks before surgery will go to two protien shakes a day.  I have done all of this on my own without any recommendations from the staff at the weight clinic to prepare myself physically mentally and emotionally.  I have already started on the vitamins per the NUT so that I am already on track with a schedule.  After meeting with the NUT and endocrinologist,  they are very pleased with the proactive steps I have taken so far.....

I am so ready and prepared for this new way of life!  Bring it on!!!!
Thanks everyone for your support and sage advice during this process.
Amy
wufpackerfan
on 3/24/11 5:16 am - Garner, NC
Good for you!  Congrats...it does sound like you're on the right track.  Yeah! 

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

Most Active
Recent Topics