Liquid Calcium?

Pam T.
on 3/31/11 6:06 am - Saginaw, MI
 Wait... I tasted the chews. I did not taste Beth nor Andrea. That would have been bad. 

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Pam T.
on 3/31/11 12:28 am - Saginaw, MI
 You have to be very careful with liquid calcium brands. Most of them do not calculate the elemental amount for you on the label, so you have to do it yourself. 

For instance, here's the section on my blog about one liquid calcium choice:

BlueBonnet Liquid Calcium  - This is NOT a good choice.  Notice the label says "Calcium Citrate" which means you need to multiply by 21% to calculate the actual elemental amount of calcium you'll get.  Two tablespoons (1oz) is 1200mg calcium, but after the calculation, you see that a dose is actually only giving you 252mg calcium citrate.  So you'd need 6 doses (12 tablespoons) per day to reach your minimum 1500mg calcium citrate requirement. 

Here's the rest of the blog post http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2010/02/calcium-again.html

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

happyhealing
on 3/31/11 12:59 am
Go to Natures Sunshine website and look at their liquid Calcium
Hvhmom
on 3/31/11 4:57 am - raleigh, NC
I can't stand any type of chewable pills especially now that I don't have a desire to eat let alone chew.  I use REVIVA liquid calcium citrate  from Costco.  It's FANTASTIC!!!  Taste like a berry smoothie.  Very easy to take on it's own or mixes easily with yogart, ice cream, or protein shakes.

HW 269/SW 263/CW 184/GW 135                        
Tia Lee C.
on 3/31/11 5:31 am - Hinesville, GA
 Thank you everyone for your replies!  I am going to check out the links now!  I know I can always count on a good answer from this board! :)
flyingwoman
on 3/31/11 6:28 am
Wellesse at Costco is fine... I wouldn't sip on it like a coctail, but is mild and citrusy and no prob.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 531 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 512 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 401 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 16 views
Recent Topics