Liquid Calcium?

Tia Lee C.
on 3/30/11 6:37 pm - Hinesville, GA
 I was wondering if anyone knows of a decent tasting liquid calcium?  The pills are so big and I rather have capsules or liquid.    Thanks!
Ladycavez
on 3/30/11 9:37 pm
I buy a chewable from GNC that is caramel flavor and I love them! I eat/take 3 a day. It's actually like having a piece of candy (IMO). I take it 3 different times a day so I quench my sweet tooth with them.

Good luck!
lee12197
on 3/30/11 10:56 pm
RNY on 02/28/11 with
can you tell me what the name of your brand from GNC is? when i looked they did not have any that were the right ones but maybe if i have the name i can get them to order it:)

Pam T.
on 3/31/11 12:02 am - Saginaw, MI
 The calcium you are taking is not the right kind for us. I checked the GNC website to see what you referenced and they are calcium carbonate. We do not absorb carbonate because we lack stomach acid after RNY. We need to take calcium citrate instead. 

Here's some options that might help  you find a new brand
http://pamtremble.blogspot.com/2010/02/calcium-again.html

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

kazpa24
on 3/30/11 10:18 pm
Adcal-D3 Dissolve
1500mg/400 I.U.
Effervescent Tablets

they are what I have.  I do wait until the effervescence has depleted and they do tast quite palitable too.

Jedene F.
on 3/30/11 11:54 pm - Oneonta, NY
At our local wal-mart in upstate NY, they do have a liquid calcium with D3.  It's citrus tasting and tolerable to take.  I believe it's about $8 for a 16 day supply... 

ORIGINAL: HW 318.2; SW 295.0; LW 158.6
RECOMMIT: RGW 220.8; CW 206.2; GW 158

Ladycavez
on 3/31/11 12:28 am
Darn, you are right! My husband went after my surgery to buy all my vitamins the day after I got home from my RNY. The guy at GNC asked my husband right away after asking for the specific kind of protein shake if it was for someone who had gastric bypass. My husband said yes and then he directed him to these calcium supplements. Jeesh!!! I'm glad I posted--guess I'll have to gag down another pill or grainy chewable. I'm sad
Pam T.
on 3/31/11 12:30 am - Saginaw, MI
 Bariatric Advantage makes a chewy calcium. Here's the link. 

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Tia Lee C.
on 3/31/11 5:33 am - Hinesville, GA
 Do you think it taste better than the viactiv?  Those ones were so chalky and had a nasty after taste!  Glad I didn't like them because I guess it didn't have everything in it I needed anyhow 
Pam T.
on 3/31/11 6:06 am - Saginaw, MI
 They are delicious. Beth and Andrea both have reviews on their blogs and rave about how good they taste. I've tasted them at the OH Conference and they are delicious!

Most Active
Recent Topics