I'm home!

ArmyWife7806
on 4/1/11 2:52 pm - Wheeler AAF, HI
The surgery went as planned, I only have 4 incisions and the thing where the drain tube was.

Well I actually got to come home Wednesday night at like 9pm HST. They let me come home with my drain tube still in because I was still draining a little more than they wanted me to. It's been a rough couple of days. Very very sore and weak. I've been doing to walk, walk, walk and sip sip sip as much as I can. Today I went back in for a follow with the surgeon to see if he was going to take the tube out and he did. Alot of my tenderness came from having the tube in, so like about an hour after they took it out the tenderness started to go away. It actually doesnt hurt to sit up for a longer period of time now.  The main thing I'm going to have to get use to is I don't feel anymore. I don't feel hungery, I don't feel full, I don't feel anything. So Weird lol. But I just wanted to give a little update since I feel like sitting at the computer tonight. Hope all is well with everyone else.

I'm officially on the losers bench! YAY!
Mommy to Talan & Aden. Proud Army Wife to Dustin 
HW:306 SW:275 CW:191 GW: 135-145 ish 

1Haute Diva
on 4/1/11 3:19 pm - Fort Stewart, GA
RNY on 03/20/12
Glad you're doing well.
- Shaw

futurefitnhappy
on 4/1/11 5:27 pm - PA
Glad to hear you're home and recovering. It gets better with every new day, I promise!
Deborah
HW 258/ PSW 245/ CW 165.8/ GW 131.5 (HighestWt/PreSurgWt/CurrentWt/GoalWt)

MariaIsHappy
on 4/1/11 8:13 pm
HOORAY....
Thanks for the update, Each day you'll feel better and better...so glad to see you on the bench beside us..... as far as your, i don't feel full, i don't feel hungry, i don't feel anything.... i was the same way....don't worry your doing great my friend !!!

Maria  xoxo

zoeyfae
on 4/1/11 8:16 pm - Marysville, WA
Congrats! Glad everything went well!

I'm 16 months post-op and I still have a problem remembering to eat sometimes! It is still super weird!

Good luck!
Gastric Bypass- 12/7/09

Highest Weight on Record: 311
Before Pre-Op Diet: 295
Day of Surgery: 287
Goal: 175 (Surgeon) 165 (Personal)
Current:155
New Goal: To get a Pregnant Belly!
Melissalove3
on 4/1/11 10:56 pm - Portland, OR
So glad you are home and doing well> Now let the fun begin!! 

LBinSC0712
on 4/1/11 11:16 pm
Welcome Home!  It amazes me the different ways that this surgey is done!  I had 5 incisions and no drain tube.  Today is my first day of feeling some what normal - hooray!  I hope each day gets better for you and I look forward to seeing your progress! 

patricia_mc
on 4/2/11 12:27 am - Westchester, IL
RNY on 03/07/11 with
Glad things went well. Take care.

Hw 295  Sw 277  Goal  TBA
Patricia
jenni93
on 4/2/11 12:48 am
Congratulations, and glad to hear you're doing well.  I'm almost 4 months post-op and still never hungry.  As far as I'm concerned, it's a huge perk and I hope it lasts forever.  I know it probably won't , but I'm enjoying it while I can.  I swear, it's made it so easy to stay away from sugar and junk.  I just don't want it at all.  My hope is that when the hunger finally comes back, I'll have these new habits to fall back on.  Good luck to you.
   SW:  285   GW:  155    CW:  143          

jessj1976
on 4/2/11 4:38 am - Carey, OH
VSG on 04/27/11 with
Congrats. Glad to hear your doing well....
Most Active
Recent Topics