Do other do this?

hookemnance
on 4/2/11 11:03 am - Austin, TX
I bought a dark chocolate candy bar today. The goal is to have 1/2 a serving size snack with it.

Does anyone else occasionally do this? Without crying guilt?

poet_kelly
on 4/2/11 11:07 am - OH
Oh, sure.  Or I eat 1/3 of one of those giant cookies from Panera, or one normal sized cookie, or something like that.  Not often.  Maybe a couple times a month.  And I make sure to get all my protein in on those days and not to end up with too many calories for the day when I do it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MariaIsHappy
on 4/2/11 11:14 am
now in doing this wouldn't you Dump?   i'm confused.... i thought you would dump w/ any kind of sugar like that....

Lady Lithia
on 4/2/11 11:19 am
One Hershey's dark chocolate bar has 21 g of sugar

I break it up into four or five pieces, which is four to five g of sugar.... I don't dump (usually) on things less than 9 g of sugar..... and even the time I ate a whole bar unthinkingly didn't dump. (but the day before I dumped on the SAME amount of sugar in tomato soup)

I dump like a truck, but for whatever reason, dark chocolate doesn't bother me.

I found that giving myself a tiny treat (approximately 20 to 30 calories only!) a day.... I had no reason to feel deprived and have cravings.

And to be honest with you, I was able to get the stats for the chocolate bar because I went to the bar that has been in my fridge for about EIGHT months....because I know I have it, and can have it when I want it, I never seem to want it.

For me, this works. It wouldn't work for everyone. The big key is to KNOW YOURSELF

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

MariaIsHappy
on 4/2/11 11:29 am
i have not had anything "YET" that i feel would make me dump.... i have such a fear...
but i know that as time goes by that my Sweet Tooth will kick in and i fear this...

i don't know my self as of yet and what it can handle....  

Lady Lithia
on 4/2/11 12:50 pm
Then it's good to steer clear...I didn't want to dump because I didn't think it would honestly keep me from eating bad stuff... didn't think I needed it. Knew I had to rely on ME

I was given stuff that made me dump less than 24 hours postop... I've never NOT known I'm a dumper.

But until you know you need to have control....and if you never know, you have better control than me!

Tammy H.
on 4/2/11 11:43 pm - Greenville, OH
Not everyone dumps from sugars...I can eat 2 reese cups and not dump...But yet if I eat caramel sauce on frozen yogurt, and it will make me sick...Its strange how some things will make me sick but not others...Guess everyone is different...

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Lady Lithia
on 4/2/11 11:15 am
From about eight months out onward, I started breaking the chocolate bars into squares.... one square a day keeps the craving away.

One day I was preparing to divvy the candy bar up into chunks and got distracted ...... next thing I knew, I'd eaten the whole thing!

Lady Lithia
on 4/2/11 11:20 am
I wouldn't honestly (usually) do a half candy bar in one sitting though..... one fourth seems to be a good amount for me.

lorilea
on 4/2/11 12:26 pm - MN
I have no desire for chocolate.  I now think that chocolate tastes like protein bars and I have a hate/hate (lol) relationship with protein bars, so no desire for chocolate for me....I am sure that will change some day.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 427 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 508 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 491 views