RNY I only have 1 regret

sherri7794
on 4/3/11 8:31 am
& that is that I didn't do this years ago!  I know I am far from goal, but I feel so great.  I feel as if someone has turned back the hands of time on my body.  I have energy again.  I feel alive.  I walk swiftly now.  Before I just shuffled and huffed and puffed.  I am playing basketball with my kids again.  I am enjoying life again.  I no longer take meds for diabetes or high blood pressure.  Wow, what a difference this has made in my life!  Just had to share for anyone out there considering the surgery. 

Lori P.
on 4/3/11 8:32 am - Kenosha, WI
WOW....you have made incredilbe progress in a short period of time....CONGRATS!!!!

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Jen44
on 4/3/11 8:49 am
Thanks so much for saying that!! I'm still waiting for my surgery (fingers crossed - May 18th), but some days I wonder if I'm making the right choice.  It's nice to hear such an upbeat message!

wufpackerfan
on 4/3/11 9:09 am - Garner, NC
I know what you mean.  I'm only about 1 month out and I feel so much better.  I'm eating to live now, as opposed to living to eat.  I feel great.  I've lost almost 32 lbs in a month.  I've got a long way to go still but so far it's been a great ride. 

Congrats on your progress.  Glad you're happy with your decision to have WLSurgery. 

"Nothing tastes as GOOD and being HEALTHY FEELS!" 

RNY (3/11)   Age: 45  Height: 5'5"  &  NO plastic surgical procedures                                                      Starting weight: 270  Lowest weight: 132  Goal weight: 135  Current weight: 138.8 

kristy225
on 4/3/11 9:22 am - Houston, TX
I feel the exact same way!! My surgery was on the same day as yours and as of today I've lost 65lbs!!  What a world of difference 65lbs makes.  I walk without wanting to die! I fit in the car so much easier, I can up from the couch in ONE motion lol.  Most of all, I can already be a better mom ... This has been the best decision, I like you only regret I didn't do it earlier!!!!
Kenyatta W.
on 4/3/11 9:53 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13
Hello Sherri,

I'm so glad you are feeling so good about yourself and is able to participate in your kids lives! I can't wait to have this surgery so I can have some energy! Congrats to you!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

immafatgirl
on 4/3/11 11:15 am - KY
im getting it soon and i can not wait to feel so free as you do.. 
Robin Pike
on 4/3/11 11:44 am - NC
I am having the surgery tomorrow ... reading these posts makes me very encouraged. My husband and I are actually having the same surgery, back to back. We are both very excited about losing the weight, high blood pressure, diabetes and gain energy.

Thanks for sharing your good news... I'm very excited and not nervous about this decision at all... but like the title says, I do regret not having this done sooner too!!!

Robin :-)

AKSteveB
on 4/3/11 12:09 pm - Anchorage, AK
You are two weeks further out than me, but I'm feeling the *exact* same thing.  It's like being a teen again (in several ways).  Either that or this is what a manic phase feels like to a bipolar :)
Kathy M.
on 4/3/11 12:20 pm - summershade, KY
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views