81 days post op, please help>>>

WannaBFit71
on 4/3/11 9:15 am - A smalltown in, OH
Hi,  Today I'm on day 81. I was down 50 lbs (only) but today it says I've gained about 5 lbs back.

Also, my family, who in one breath tells me I'm looking so much better already, I found out have been talking behind my back saying I'm not losing nearly as much as I should by now.

I think they're right but it still hurts pretty badly.

I barely eat as it is.

I was 349 the day I had surgery, and as of today I'm 305....

How much should I have lost by now? My surgeon told me the first 6 months is when you drop the most, what could I be doing wrong?
SoulLips
on 4/3/11 9:27 am - Cloverdale, CA
Our surgery dates are close, I had mine January 24th.  I'm down 32 pounds since surgery.  I'm trying to accept that we all have our own path and that there is no amount that any of us "should" lose within a particular amount of time.  Some days I do better with that than others.  *sigh*   50 pounds sounds like pretty amazing weight loss to me!
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

melissa G.
on 4/3/11 9:29 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 10/12/10 with
First people are going to talk about you no matter what, say you are going to have to learn to ignore the hearsay just block them out.

Second, not everyone is the same everyone loses weight differently.

Third.... there isn't a rule book that states how much you have to lose in a certain amount of time.

As long as you know that you are doing everything by your providers book or instructions then don't worry too much.

There are time when my weight goes up a few pounds and it is due to either 1) i haven't pooped or 2) time of the month, water retention.

Keep your head up and stay positive! 

DisneyLover
on 4/3/11 9:30 am - WI
I had my 3 month post op last week.  according to my surgeon they want to see 40-45% of your excess body weight gone by 6 months. 

50 lbs is awesome!  Keep up the good work.

Sarah

whitelili
on 4/3/11 9:30 am - Hobbs, NM
I think you are going find Im just a little further out than you are im just over 3 months and Im sitting at 56 lbs since surgery.  Dont get discouraged you are doing great.  Dont listen to what your family is saying behind your back They are not the ones going through it.  Just keep following your plan and you will be fine.  And Congrats on the 50 lbs.  Oh the 5 lbs gain is probably water wieght could it be getting close to your time of the month.  Just a thought. 
Five Things To Always Remember
Your presence is a present to the world. Your truly one of a kind.  Your life can be what you want it to be. Wish upon a star. And don't ever forget How very special you are.

G.I.Jane
on 4/3/11 9:54 am
Don't stress out on this, it will happen as long as you are doing the right things. Doesn't matter much what I eat - I only loose when I'm getting exercise. If you are exercising at least 4 days a week - you should be good.

If you really want to jumpstart the loss, do at least 6 days a week of moderate intensity cardio.

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
Unknown.

cindy31
on 4/4/11 2:18 am - Gwynn Oak, MD
Dont't feel bad I had surgery jan 25th and I was 301 the day of surgery 306 when I came home and am now fluxuating between 262-265 so I have lost between 36-41 pounds since surgery and 60 pounds total since my post 2 week diet I was 325. I looka at it this way I am close to my first goal of 220 hope to be their by the summer than my ultimate goal of 180 Im sure i will be their before 1 year I hope!
            Highest weight- 325  Day of surgery- 301  Post surgery -306            
Most Active
Recent Topics