Totally selfish poll: Friends...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/8/11 2:32 am - Baltimore, MD
How many of us have them? (sorry...bad use of an old skool rap reference)

So aside from the fact that I truly do like and admire 99.99999% of the OH populace and want to be friends with you all, I often have a hard time figuring out how to best make use of the friend feature on this site.

How do YOU use it? Do you start on your profile page where it gives you updates on your friends? Do you use the friends feature to easily message people? To chat?

I get social media...I get Facebook...I even get Twitter now (praise the LORD), but I do NOT get how to best use the social functions on this here site.

Help me out!!!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Carla M.
on 4/8/11 2:42 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with
Good question!!! I would like to know the same thing!

fatfreemama
on 4/8/11 3:01 am - San Jose, CA
Gee, I still don't get Twitter. Why should I care to get 140 char messages to know someone is eating a pancake? What's the point?

I don't do much of anything with the friend's feature on OH except to occasionally send a pm to one of the people I've gotten close to. Otherwise, I'm mainly just on the forums.
Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

Jane N.
on 4/8/11 3:16 am - Round Rock, TX
Oh sure!  Now I have that song stuck in my head (and I'm pretty sure I have the LP somewhere in my closet).  

Honestly, I rarely go to my home page and just load the RNY page.  Does that make me a bad friend?  I got bored with twitter and myspace and usually stick to just FB.

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/8/11 3:29 am - Baltimore, MD
OMG...MySpace still exists????

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

immafatgirl
on 4/8/11 3:36 am - KY
i be-friend the ones who have a personality similiar to mine and have some stuff in common. right now i only have like 5 friends but thats ok with me. more and more are having surgery. i say just add the ones you would like to talk to without everyone on here knowing what you have to say . so far everyone has been great and supportive. give ot take a few. but time wil tell you who you want on your list...
Ladycavez
on 4/8/11 3:50 am
Hi there!

When someone posts something that feels like a common theme to me, I send them a friend request.

But honestly, the only part of this website that I use is the RNY message boards. Everything else seems kinda complicated.

I have looked for a Facebook group for WLS people, but can't find one!
Bootssie
on 4/8/11 4:02 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
Ladycavez, come join us in our Facebook WLS group!  It's amazing!  Well, so is OH....I love it here!  But if you are looking for a Facebook group, I have not found one better than here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_176476585725819&ap=1
2nd_Chance_Chick
on 4/8/11 4:10 am
Will friend from a post,some pre's like myself,same doc to discuss one anothers progress or friend those that give really good advice about all areas of life. I don't have twitter or facebook. I'm a telephone gal. I will text using my phone for short questions or responses. I would rather speak on the phone to hear a persons voice. I also use the secret pal program under off topic. I love it because you get to know more about that person and the monthly gifts are cool.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

curvaceousdiva
on 4/8/11 4:13 am - Hyattsville, MD
I usually get request from folks here about pics 98% of the time. The rest are just from folks who like me "realness" as they say. I dont use it outside of adding a friend...
Babygirl got her surgery March 3rd...     She's from 339 to 200 as of 6/14/2012.. SOO proud of my bigbabygirl                                                                   
Most Active
Recent Topics