Poll: My most embarrassing moment: WLS edition!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/12/11 12:25 am - Baltimore, MD

Ok, I was just chatting with Pam about something really embarrassing that happened to me that was WLS related. I laugh about it now (heck, I sorta laughed about it then), but I figured this is an opportunity to share my moment with you all and to have you all share your moments with others.

Cuz really? You can’t take yourself but so seriously in this process or you’ll go bonkers.

So what, if any, really cringe-worthy WLS moments have you had?

I'll answer in another post.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/12/11 12:29 am - Baltimore, MD
Ok first a disclaimer. I'm single. And as a result of my surgery my hormones went a bit wacky for a while. Please keep that in mind as I set up this story.

Picture it. Baltimore. After Nik's surgery. Nik is making out with a cute guy she's been dating. Oh the passion! You could cut it with a knife. Then...all of a sudden...

URRRRRGGGGGGGH!!! (from Nik's midsection)

Cute guy: Are you hungry? We can go get something to eat if you like?

Me: No...

Pouch: URGGGGGGGGHHHH!

Cute guy: Are you sure?

Me: Yes, I'm sure (Want. Kisses. NOW!!!!)

Pouch: URRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Cute guy: I think you are hungry. I don't see you eat a lot anyway. I think we should get something to eat.

(Don't want eat. Want KISSES!!!!)

Me: Really, I'm fine...

Pouch: URRRRRRGGGGGH!!!

Yeah...the lesson from all this. The pouch is a hater. This cycle went on for about ten minutes until I finally relented and we went to a restaurant. I picked at a bowl of soup (cuz I really was not hungry) and I think the guy thought I might have an eating disorder.

We eventually stopped seeing each other, but not because of that.
SugarGrl
on 4/12/11 3:06 am
ROFLMAO!!  What a mean pouch!

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

chris_ruff
on 4/12/11 12:45 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
mine is sort of gross. i was leaving my sister's apt after having had carbs for one of the very first times post-op. i was not aware of the kind of gas they would produce. i went into the empty elevator and farted by accident. well dont you know the elvevator had to stop on the next floor going down and in walked 2 women. well the smell was terrible and they started covering their noses and whispering in spanish and giving me the evil eye. whe we got to the ground floor i ran for it!. it was mortifying at the time but i can laugh about it now.
--Christina
Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/12/11 12:56 am - Baltimore, MD
Ok...that was FUNNY!

I can relate though.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

SweetGirl11
on 4/12/11 8:39 am
I just had to comment on your fart in the elevator story!!!   I totally relate to this.  Although I haven't farted in any elevators lately, I have been known to fart in supermarkets and then try to "leave the scene of the crime".  It's so embarrassing when you just let one rip and then someone walks down that aisle!!!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Sue M.
on 4/12/11 12:55 am - Nantucket, MA
ER visit due to over-carbing and GAS.  didn't know the pain was gas until I was admitted for the night and walked to the restroom - tooted the whole way.

clogging my new (at the time) boyfriend's toilet with a giant poop rock.

my loose skin getting trapped under my boyfriend's elbow while sleeping. OUCH.

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
kyutzy
on 4/12/11 1:04 am - Arlington, TX
Loose stomach skin getting trapped between the toilet lid and the toilet.  This making the big "bang" sound of the lid slamming down.  Everyone in the room next to the bathroom heard.  Embarrassed!
Holly E.
on 4/12/11 1:05 am

Most recently I was out and about at the beach with my new miracle bathing suit on.  I looked GOOD from the front and I was feeling good.

Then, my Mom and sister showed up and Mom immediately came over and pulled my bathing suit up a bit in the back.  It had miraculously pushed up all my skin/fat over the top and I looked like I had back cleavage - bad. Like several rolls over the top of the suit bad.

The good news.... I doubt anybody REALLY noticed because in the front my boobs were on full display in all their glory.  I guess the miracle is that it pushes everything in and up so MAN there was some cleavage.  And my waist looked small and well...normal.

What is a little back cleavage between freinds!

Holly

p.s.  Nik - I read your post about bras - hilarious.  I scored when a freind bought new bras for after her boob job and then they didn't fit!  I have bras in every color and EVEN a couple with the much sought after 3 hooks for fun!

GW 180  SW 370ish CW 200 - Size 8 pants and M/L tops 1/4/12

ohioh
on 4/12/11 1:49 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
Thank goodness for my wonderful husband...farting during foreplay sex is just so precious.  sigh
Most Active
Recent Topics