Curious? About what to eat......

mommyofmitch
on 4/17/11 6:49 am - Sanford, NC

Tornados have came through yesterday and I just got power back on..  Just incase of a long term power outage ever were to happen again. What would you eat?  Its not like I can eat just anything  and I cant handle bread.  

Ivy Kirchberg
on 4/17/11 6:51 am - Springfield, MI
What phase are you in?

mommyofmitch
on 4/17/11 7:00 am - Sanford, NC
I am on a full diet.  I was just asking  because all of our protien comes from items that have to be refridgerated.  I never had thought of  being prepared and in case something ever happens again I want to be prepared.
Ivy Kirchberg
on 4/17/11 7:06 am - Springfield, MI
Canned tuna / chicken / beans, peanut butter, cheese, ...  ?? 

Karen O.
on 4/17/11 7:03 am - Weirton, WV
I have cans of chicken and tuna and some protein bars - but other than that - I'm probably not as well prepared as I should be! I'd love to hear some suggestions! 
HW - 340   SW - 320 (3/15/11)   CW - 225   GW - 150       
Carebearny1999
on 4/17/11 7:10 am - Rochester, NY
PB crackers? Canned chicken and tuna I guess... Canned chili? I never considered it either!
Amber L.
on 4/17/11 8:07 am - Sweden
Peanut butter and crackers really have more carbs than protein and aren't very good for those with rearranged guts.
Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f*ckin' perfect.
Pink!

poet_kelly
on 4/17/11 7:41 am - OH
I'd probably eat protein bars.   But being short on protein for a day or two won't hurt you.

Other options... canned tuna, canned chicken, peanut butter, canned beans, nuts, ready to drink protein drinks like Isopure or Cytosport.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lori P.
on 4/17/11 9:22 am - Kenosha, WI

If you are on a soft diet....tuna, fresh jar of mayo (put on ice), canned refried beans with shredded chesse (also on ice), yougurt (on ice).  

You could also just have protein powder with plain water...won't taste great but you also won't starve!  I did that during a snow storm in which I was stranded at work with no access to appropirate food...I always carry some extra protein powder just in case  :)

I eat much of the same things....so I would find a cooler and put the things I eat in ice....grilled ch****n (it is frozen in ready to eat packets of 3oz each), leaf spinach, string cheese and greek yougurt. 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Tracy M.
on 4/17/11 10:36 am - KY
Back in January of 09 we had an ice storm from hell and was without power for 9 days here and some were without power for even longer than that..some up to 3 weeks..this was a great question...i would also suggest beef or turkey jerky..its high in protein too...

Tracy

Highest known weight- 512
Surgery weight-425
Current Weight- 260

Most Active
Recent Topics