fajita chicken

jennytmitch
on 4/17/11 10:11 pm - NC
Is this something we can h ave post op?  I am not a big fajita person, but had a couple of bites of my son's chicken this weekend and it was so good.  Is this something we can eat after surgery?
Koko10
on 4/17/11 10:30 pm - NC
I eat fajita's all the time. I don't eat the shells but I do eat the sour cream, cheese, and salsa. It is really good if it's cooked soft.

Height 5'0 HW-247; SW- 238; GW-140  

turningpoint
on 4/17/11 11:06 pm
Each surgeon has his own plan of what can and can't be eaten and how soon, but after 6 weeks I was cleared for anything and love both chkn & beef fajita meat
Emily
HW/SW/GW/CW
249/236/135/133.6  
jennytmitch
on 4/17/11 11:26 pm - NC
Thanks,

I wasn't looking to have it anytime soon after surgery, I just wondered if it would be something I could have down the road or if was something that could make you possibly dump?  I would only eat the chicken.  I never eat that sort of stuff when we go out, so I just tried a bite of my son's because he wasn't eating it.  It was really good and I wondered if I could have it if we went out later.
twooten
on 4/17/11 11:38 pm - Loveland, CO
 Try it at home the first couple times post op... if i am not carefull i will get really bad heartburn to the point it makes me throw up...

I loved spicy before surgery but cant handle it now. My heartburn creates foam in my pouch with then makes me throw up... not fun.

SO after 3 failed tries, i have created my own verison at home with very little spice... 
Tami HW: 288 / SW: 273 / SG: 187 GOAL REACHED / PG: 160
Mara C.
on 4/18/11 12:23 am - Millbury, MA
Yes, definitely!!!

We had chicken fajitas last night for dinner.  At home I use chicken, 2 colors of peppers (red & yellow this time), and onions, then the fajita mix spices.  I used whole wheat wraps (some have great protein too) and only used a half of one for me.  I put a dollop of plain greek yogurt (like sour cream), some cheese and salsa..... OMG YUMMY!!!!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views