I figured out what I want to say...

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/20/11 8:16 am - Baltimore, MD
(As if THAT were ever really a problem!)

Seriously...I've been thinking a lot about what I'd like to say at the end of my walk on this earth. When I look back what do I want to be able to say is true?

Aside from I lived, I laughed, I loved. What do I want to say about this journey here on earth?

And here it is...

I want to be able to say...with a wickedly devilish smile on my face that I lived this life for every moment I was given and that, given the chance to do it again, I'd do it EXACTLY the same way - pain, pleasure, the whole deal.

Then with a smile I'd pass from this world with a bunch of people wondering just what the hell kinda life I must have lived to say THAT!

Just thought I'd share that with y'all. I think it's my new aspiration :)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

mandajolyn
on 4/20/11 8:22 am - Tallahassee, FL

"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Brenda C.
on 4/20/11 8:30 am, edited 4/20/11 8:30 am
I laugh loudly, and decided to live my life the exact opposite of my mother.  Some may wonder about the last half, my mother was miserable.  Having been born on my mothers birthday, we used to be a lot more alike.  My heart broke when she was happy to know she had terminal cancer, and didn't have much longer to live.   I refuse to be miserable, I would rather stay in bed than face the World in a miserable mood!

Sure, life isn't easy, but think of the fun you have trying to navigate it's complexities!!!  I am not perfect, but damn it, I am fun!  I plan to live a VERY LONG and VERY HAPPY life!

Brenda  : )~
MommyosaRose
on 4/20/11 8:31 am

~Starting Weight: 261 lbs~~Pre-Op Weight: 241 lbs~
~Current Weight: 155 lbs~

"Just when the Caterpillar thought her life was over, She began to fly..." 

SugarGrl
on 4/20/11 9:04 am
I love it!! 

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!  LET'S GET HEALTHY!     STARTING WEIGHT 211.8, SURGERY 23 MAR 11; ONEDERLAND 30 MAR 11 199.2                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Michelle V.
on 4/20/11 10:21 am - GA
 As I always say...

Live hard 
Die old
Leave a great looking corspe!

BumpiestStar
on 4/20/11 1:27 pm - MD
 Well said 
Lizzie S.
on 4/20/11 1:56 pm
Superbly stated!  
Lizzy

cherryblossoms
on 4/20/11 3:05 pm
For some reason two Frank Sinatra songs came to mind immediately after reading your post.   "That's Life" and "My way"    

hmmmm ?!

Lorna

Most Active
Recent Topics