Which month does the hair thinning stop?

Susie A.
on 4/20/11 11:11 pm - Palm Coast, FL
I'm 4 months post-op, losing my hair, and in need of color. I quit coloring my hair 2 months before surgery. I'm traveling to my son's wedding in mid June, and want to look my best. He hasn't seen me in over a year! I plan on coloring a week before the wedding regardless. I'm just wondering when does the shedding cycle end?

Starting Weight - 286

griggs.griggs
on 4/20/11 11:50 pm - FL
I'm also 4 months post op and I was told by others who have had the surgery that the 6month mark is when they stopped loseing hair! I also started takeing biotin I have only been on it a week so I'm not seeing any diffrence yet... Good luck!

Alicia
Kim S.
on 4/21/11 12:18 am - Helena, AL
Mine started at 4 months and stopped around the 1 year mark--I probably lost 1/3 of my hair.  Luckily I have very thick fine hair, so I just kept it shoulder length and layered.  My stylist told me to cut way back on washing it--and that did help.  I also took Biotin--but that is only going to help with re-growth.....there is nothing you can do about the hair loss (some folks will tell you there is, but there really isn't).  Oh, and the Biotin will also have hair all over your body growing more...so be prepared!!

The good news is I'm approaching my 2 year anniversary in a week and my hair is now back to the original thickness--now I'm just having to cut the length to get rid of the really thin part.

Some hair loss is a small price to pay in the big picture--don't panic--just find cute new ways to wear your hair.

Kim

SweetGatorGirl
on 4/21/11 1:14 am - Gainesville, FL

I'm at my 5 1/2 month mark and the majority of the hair loss has stopped for me, though I'm sure everyone is different.  I did continue to color during this whole process though.  I refused to let my hair make me feel old.  LOL

HW 252/SW 243/GW 135/CW 146                

aseg21
on 4/21/11 1:15 am - Miami, FL
I didn't start losing my hair until around 5 1/2 months, but I've been told that it will stop around 8 months. Several people have told me if you can make it through those 3 months of big time loss, it will taper off noticably starting at 8 months and be done shedding at a year.

Lowest Weight: 145 lbs
Current weight: 148.6 lbs

Total Loss: 226 lbs

jnt_179
on 4/21/11 2:10 am
I didn't start losing until about month 6 or 7. I am 9 1/2 months out and it has drastically slowed down.

HW:345lbs/SW:319lbs/CW:210lbs/GW:170lbs

SoulLips
on 4/21/11 1:55 pm - Cloverdale, CA
I started my mega-shedding 2.5 months out!  Everytime I shower I am losing a large clump of hair.  Even though my hair is short, I'm losing enough to plug the drain in the tub every time I shower!

I feel so lucky (insert snarky sarcasm)... I hit my first 6-7 week stall starting 3 weeks out.  My hair is falling out sooner than "normal".  My weight loss has been slow.  Obviously, my journey has not been "average"!  Despite these issues, I'm still happy with the surgery!

Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views