on 4/23/11 7:00 am - bridgeport, CT
i get cheese, sunchips, turkey pepperoni any other ideas
January 5th Changed my life forever    
Dee2011
on 4/23/11 7:19 am - PA
soy chips
Melody Deutsch
on 4/23/11 7:40 am - CA
   really, when we started this Journey, it was brought out not to snack or graze. Not to go back to the old ways of thinking that we need a snack.  Thats not why we started this Journey, we started this to make a new Life and open doors of freedom for ourself,and good health.
Chips and things are not moist.........and we need to eat soft moist foods, healthy foods that are alllowed in your new life.
I"m not trying to burst your bubble here, but by making bad food choices, you are now taking in more calories than you are able to burn.  If you need a snack, sugar-free ice pop, flavored water, take a
walk.   hey I just added my two cents here, just because I care, and I've known afew people who have had this surgery and gained there
weight back.........the best to you, but i would still stay with everything fresh and raw..........nothing packaged or canned.
God Bless..........Melody

Laura in Texas
on 4/23/11 8:00 am
I disagree.  There's nothing wrong with planned snacks.  I eat 3 meals a day and 3 snacks.  And they're definitely not all soft and moist (never heard that one before).

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/11 1:51 pm - San Diego, CA
I agree completely, Laura.  Planned healthy snacks keep you from grazing, duh.  I have a protein shake, 3 meals and 2 snacks every day - and usually a healthy dessert too.  I am NEVER hungry this way eating every couple of hours.  It works for me...really WELL, actually. :)
mdolan20
on 4/23/11 12:16 pm - Brick, NJ
My plan says 2 protein rich snacks between meals?
Melissa HW:350 SW:333 CW:234 GW:128

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/23/11 2:14 pm - OH
Although I completely agree with you about snacking in the old sense of "snacking" -- unplanned eating between meals out of boredom or habit--  (and about choosing fresh, raw foods over prepackaged ones!), I have to agree with Laura in terms of planned, protein-forward snacks. 

Such "snacks" between "meals" were actually part of my surgoen's post-op eating plan for the first few months to be sure that we got in enough calories and protein.  I continued that way (with my surgeon's blessing) because 1) I am slightly hypoglycemic so I really need to eat every few hours, and 2) it helps keep your metabolism up throughout the day.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

sissy8573
on 4/23/11 7:24 am
yogurt and protein bars

Laura in Texas
on 4/23/11 7:57 am
Kashi GoLean cereal is my favorite thing to eat when I need something to crunch...

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ANNI D.
on 4/23/11 8:40 am
I totally agree with Laura. I eat 3 meal and 2 snacks a day and all I do is make sure I'm making a responsible snack choice. Like making sure there is some protein in it. I eat my favorite pudding cup by just adding some vanilla protein I put in with some water and then add it to my pudding and stir it up so it won't be gritty. String cheese, beef jerky, protein bars, cottage cheese, greek yogurt etc. There's nothing wrong with snacking if you read labels!!
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views