Anyone know about neuro-stuff...(Andrea?)

Cleopatra_Nik
on 4/28/11 2:12 am - Baltimore, MD
I've noticed something strange going on with me and I don't know if it's indicative of anything, but as a professional writer it is becoming a thorn in my side.

I keep putting question marks at the end of sentences that aren't questions. I catch it and fix it but I am wondering if my brain is going mooshy. If I weren't a writer by trade, this probably wouldn't concern me so much...but we get beat over the head with punctuation and until recently I didn't do this and it would have been very strange right after I typed said sentence for me to HAVE done that. But I don't tend to notice until I look back on it.

Am I going senile?

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

laura_vermont
on 4/28/11 2:25 am
I don't know.... with my atypical migraines, the first thing that I lose is the ability to spell.  We're talking - I don't know the first letter of the word.  Definitely feel like I'm losing my mind when that happens.  Usually, a nap is enough to keep things from progressing.  If I try to push through it, I lose speech. 

Wouldn't hurt to bring up to your dr.  When it first started happening to me, I thought I was having a stroke.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

siberiancat
on 4/28/11 2:35 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN
Could you be a little hypoglycemic?
 Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

KittenLove
on 4/28/11 2:59 am - Around Knoxville, TN
Nonmedically, I would attribute it to stress -- as if you don't have any of that, right?

Be happy. 

TheButterflye
on 4/28/11 4:01 am - Prince Georges County, MD
Hmmm... I have diagnosed myself with a mild case of dyslexia left over from my childhood. I did EVERYTHING backwards first. EVERYTHING. Now, when I write I do things like this... Say the number is 9456789. I will write the 6 first and then write the numbers around it, totally NOT on purpose.

I do hope this just means I'm "special" and not losing it! LOL

shellymor
on 4/28/11 6:28 am - TX
How are your B-12 levels? It's a strange thing, but when my B-12 levels are low, I've noticed my proofreading and punctuation skills are a little off. (I am an English teacher.)  Things that are usually so automatic for me, especially when I'm grading essays, become much more of a chore when my B-12 is low because I have to question myself so carefully.

It sounds quite odd, and a dr. hasn't made this link for me between the low levels and the thinking, but the times when my B-12 has been really low are the times I've also noticed the brain fog with my punctuation and editing.
Most Active
Recent Topics