Craving meat

needtoloseweight
on 4/27/11 9:32 am - Oxon Hill, MD
I am having strong cravings for baked chicken, fish, shrimp.... When I get it I can eat until satisfied. I just finished two roasted drumsticks and a wing. Is that normal. It took about a haf hour to finish.  I am only 10 weeks out from surgery.  Did my stomach stretch out already? Is this normal?

nomoresugar
on 4/27/11 9:49 am
You didn't stretch you stomach.  It takes persistant abuse to stretch it.  However, be mindful when you are eating.  I have to measure out my 'serving' of whatever it is, because somedays I can feel like a bottomless pit (and be really sick after).

kasimonson10
on 4/27/11 9:55 am - Cameron, SC
wow I have issues with meat. I can only eat tiny bits at a time or I get sick. The other day I had bout a tsp size bite of a hb patty that we grilled and bout 30 min later i got. When I eat meat of any kind it feels like rocks in my stomach. I am 5 1/2 mo out but I had reconstruction on my pouch 1 mo ago due to the endo dr busting my pouch wide open. So I had to basicly start over.
you are lucky you can eat protien like that.
Kimberly Simonson  HW285/ SW265   / CW 168/ GW 140.....5ft 2 in              
ladyquenn
on 4/27/11 11:02 am - WV
Two drumsticks and a wing are more then I can eat at 5 months out. I have been told by my dr and nut to measure 2-4 oz of protein for my dinner. That is the limit for me. The only meats I have problems with are overcooked. Ever since we started checking with a meat thermometer I have not had issues with fish and such like I was.
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
needtoloseweight
on 4/27/11 2:16 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
Thank you for the responses. I will definately start measuring the meats. The last thing I want to do is sabotage my own weight loss.  I try to get my protein in with food because I can never finish the protein shakes. They are just too sweet for me.

ladyquenn
on 4/28/11 11:07 pm, edited 4/28/11 11:07 pm - WV
Sweetness has been my issue too. Things that were not sweet before surgery re now. I did finally find some that are pried well, not too sweet and no nasty protein aftertaste. Order samples from everyone (some free, some cheap) and you will find one you like Im sure.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4368081/Updated-Sample s-of-Proteins-Vitamins-and-Such/
Teddi J
We have just enough religion to make us hate,
but not enough to make us love one another. ~Jonathan Swift                    
Susank505
on 4/28/11 11:21 pm - Mt. Pleasant, MI
I am handling meats much better now and I find they must be moist and sometimes a sauce helps with that.  I am still waiting for some feeling to return to my new tummy.  I find that I THINK i can eat alot more cause I dont FEEL full but actually I sometimes overfill my tummy cause it cant tell me its getting full.

It has NO problem however telling me if I ate too much!!  :)

So I try to stick to the proportions suggested and that goes fine.  I am trying to train my mind to NOT eat until I am full since the signals are all messed up anyways.  And that is not a mindset that will help me in the future to keep the weight I lose off.
~Susan~    HT 5'6"
HW 278 / PRE-OP 270 / SW 260 / CW 197/ GW 150

WOOHOOO!!!!  I AM 60.8% TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!
"Be the change you want to see in the World" - Ghandi

Most Active
Recent Topics