Need advice asap

Favored2 BeMe
on 4/28/11 11:26 am - TX
I have an engagement that I can't get out of and it involves going to Red Lobster. I am in my soft food stage. Is there anything that I can have?

carly44
on 4/28/11 11:31 am - hazlet, NJ
what about a cup of manhattan clam chowder? Thats tomato based so may not be too rich.....and a small side of mashed potatoes? You'd prob only be able to eat 5 bites but still.....I'm on softs too and ate some scallops tonite....delish!

melissa22886
on 4/28/11 11:35 am
my soft foods include fish, i am not sure what kind of soft foods you could have but i would suggest the king crab legs with NO butter. they are high in protein

msromagnola
on 4/28/11 11:42 am
I always got soups or chowders  or refried beans when I ate with others for at least 2 to 3 months- it was always safe.  At Red Lobster, soup or chowder.

MSROMAGNOLA
lynnc99
on 4/28/11 11:50 am
The daily fresh fish menu always includes tilapia. Order the lunch size.

Swap the rice for mashed potato.

Skip the broccoli that comes with it. Skip the bread.

You will eat very little. Don't worry about that. Don't feel self conscious - others will truly not care what you eat beyond a moment of curiosity.

Chew well. Eat slowly and take very small bites. Eyeball a half cup total portion, move food around on your plate, and just eat your half cup. Then push the plate away.

Leave the leftovers.
lynnc99
on 4/28/11 11:51 am
They will grill the fish without butter for you.
Koko M.
on 4/28/11 12:07 pm - Albany, CA
And stay away from the Boston Clam Chowder, Where you are it's too soon for that much cream, I believe it would upset your stomach and could even lead to a blow-out.
(Don't ask me how I know that, it's not a pretty story.)

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

xxkiyaxx
on 4/28/11 1:36 pm - NY

Definitely scallops!  I have been living on scallops since I started my soft food consistency, but really, of all the restaurants to go to Red Lobster is a good place for our diet phase.  You could do crab legs, or even a small lobster tail ... just minus the butter.  Have fun!

Michellem8991
on 4/28/11 4:08 pm - CT
scallops are my friend. they go down with no issues.

Most Active
Recent Topics