What are YOUR favorite NSV's?

Amy R.
on 4/29/11 11:39 pm
I was thinking this morning about how very grateful I am to have lost this weight.  That led to my favorite NSV's, and THAT led to me wondering:  What are everyone's favorites? 

I know we share some/have some in common, but I'm imagining there are also some personal to each of us too.  What are YOUR faves, common or not?

There are too many to list, or even remember, for me but some of them are:

Blood pressure this morning = 114/68, pulse 52
Off all meds except for 3 (which are psych meds and don't have to do with weight)
Having people look me in the face and treat me like a person
The clerks at stores who look at my drivers license and ask if that's really me
Crossing my legs
Sitting "indian-style" on the floor (Not trying to be offensive, sorry if I am)
Fitting in airplane seats
Car seat belts buckling easily
Being able to kneel again
Walking several mile a day with my hubby and not even getting winded
Not having to turn sideways when getting up in the movie theater
Being able to climb stairs (couldn't even go up the 3 steps on our porch w/o holding on pre-op)
Carrying heavy groceries
Wheeling the (full) garbage and recycling out to the street
Shopping in any store and not having to look for plus-sizes
Wearing high heels
Being able to take a bath (couldn't fit in tub before)
Certain adult activities *much* more interesting
Walking down the beach
Walking to the street fair, through the street fair and home without even thinking twice
Weighing less than my  husband
Sharing clothes, and even belts, with my 15 year old 5'10' size 6 daughter
Having said daughter say to me "Wow, can't believe I'm out shopping with a hot Mom", LOL
Tummy not getting wet when I wash the dishes because it's not hanging over the sink

I'm certain I'm forgetting some but I'm probably starting to bore you.  (Can you tell I'm especially grateful this morning though?).  Anywho, what are some of yours?
DeeNadj
on 4/29/11 11:53 pm - Malmstrom AFB, MT
You don't bore me one bit. Preach on, sister!

Standing for 15mins, and my feet not turning into balloons from fluid
STANDING for 15mins
Not being embarrassed of being photographed, or trying to stand behind someone else.
Doing my own pedicures / Painting my own toenails
Not having to move the truck seat after my husband drives
Since I no longer snore, I get a good night's sleep and have energy throughout the next day
The only tears in the fitting rooms of stores are because I can't believe I can wear / fit this

Now you got me thinking about what i have to be grateful for. Thank you for doing that. I'll have some more later, I know it.
Dee
RNY March 21, 2011!! I'm feeling great!!
Busy Mommy of 4, Proud USAF Wife, Quilter, and TRIATHLETE!!               
Amy R.
on 4/30/11 9:23 am
"Like!"
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/30/11 1:15 am - OH
Short on time today (should be working on a dissertation proposal!!!!), but a couple of my very favorites are:

Being able to paint my own toes
Being able to walk right past people (from my past) whom I don't much care for, and not have them recognize me at all!
Wearing the same size pants (and some tops/dresses/coats) as my mom (she was always "thin")
Having my (now ex-) SO be able to pick me up (I always wanted my man to  be able do that!)
Being able to look at a flat tummy for the first time in my adult life

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Michelle L.
on 4/30/11 1:40 am - Phoenix, AZ
Being able to shop at places besides Lane Bryant is a big NSV for me. I also like being able to cross my legs, running with minimal chub rub, wearing my son's cool t-shirts, and not worrying whether the seat belt will fit while flying.

And I've noticed lately that when I'm shopping, I get a lot more people (mostly guys :D ) saying, "Can I help you?"

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/11 2:37 am - Groton, CT
RNY on 05/03/10 with
My absolute favorites are:

I can sit in any chair and not worry that I'll break it! Not only that but I am now able to plop my skinnier behind in airline seats, theater seats, etc. with no fear that I won't fit.

Crossing my legs.

I can walk. I no longer need to stop every 30 feet or so to take a breather. It's wonderful!
AliSarah
on 4/30/11 3:11 am
A lot of these apply to me, but my favorite so far has been going roller skating, being able to lace up the boots without having to take a break, and being able to skate around the rink for 2 hours without my face turning red, without feeling incredibly sore the next day, and just having an all around good time!! :D

Also, last night I went bowling, and bowled 3 games in a row. Before I lost weight, I could only bowl 2 games because I was so tired, and then I was super sore the next day. Today, I don't feel a thing, I went out and did a normal fun thing and today I'm not paying for it!! YAY!

Huggles!!
~Sarah~
 HW 316/ SW 264/ CW 187/ GW 158  
Amy R.
on 4/30/11 9:25 am
AweSOME!!! Don't you love it?!  I haven't tried skating yet, but that's sound like lots of fun!
Rosanette
on 4/30/11 3:23 am
Crossing my legs.
Being able to bend over easily to buckle my shoes
Having a belt fit, and even be so long I had to put the overlap through the other pant loop also.
Being able to go places and walk without wanting to take a break every few feet, and without leaving early from sheer exhaustion.

As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we will walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over again the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives. -- Thoreau 

Michele816
on 4/30/11 5:32 am
-No more meds and labs that show no co-morbidities (diabetes, cholesterol, triglycerides) without taking any!
-Walking without my hips hurting.
-buckling the seatbelt in my car
-not worrying whether or not I will fit in the chair in front of me.
-going up the stairs without panting and heart pounding
-being able to wash and reach everywhere while standing in the shower (too embarrassed to explain how I had to accomplish this 7 months ago!)
-dropping 1 cup and 5 bra sizes and being able to wear a well-fit bra that enables "the girls" to be attentive rather than fleeing "south"
-I have collar bones, shoulders,  shoulder blades, ribs and a backbone!

Most Active
Recent Topics