Ramen noodles

newtintn
on 5/2/11 2:59 am - TN
At 2 wks post op can we have just the BROTH from ramen noodles? Im craving it bad...sick of chicken broth. The "soup" part of ramen noodles is so good though ...would love to have some 

tgrajales08
on 5/2/11 3:04 am
you can have it the only thing is that it has to much sodium so jus****ch out for the sodium
(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:07 am - SC
Way too much sodium for me, but technically you probably could.  I know I personally retain water if I just think about having that much sodium.  I think if you're going to do it jus****er it way down and maybe only use 1/2 a pack.  
DComstock2010
on 5/2/11 3:07 am - CA
I believe so. It has a lot of salt though. Have you tried miso soup? It is delish and I believe it has some protien in it too. It was a wonderful change from chicken broth.
RNY- 2/18/2011

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:07 am - Boston, MA
 YES YES YES.. I would have been in the hospital if it weren't for ramen noodle broth!! I could not stand the taste of any drink, this is what saved me!  I started drinking it at 2weeks and used it until about 5 weeks when I could drink more water.  good luck!
newtintn
on 5/2/11 3:30 am - TN
 Is miso soup what they give you along with your salad and the Japanese restaurants? I LOVE that stuff

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:40 am - SC
Miso soup is what our local Japanese place serves.  Now I want some!  I have a feeling what I'm going to ask DH to bring home for supper.  
shirleyfhoffman
on 5/2/11 4:06 am - CA
I bought a case of Oriental ramen noodle soup for the broth for after I get home from the hospital. My NUT said it's fine, just alot of salt.

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

obcodi
on 5/2/11 4:46 am
I use the flavor packets rom the ramen noodles all the time. I know it has a lot of sodium but check all broths and bullion cubes they ALL have high sodium content. I think sodium may have even helped me during my pouch healing.

cajungirl
on 5/2/11 4:50 am
It does have lots of sodium BUT it is what I used on my liquid stage.  The flavor was much beter than broth and my surgeon was ok with me using it.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
Recent Topics