Calories? How many per day at 2 months out??

SONIA1415
on 5/2/11 1:57 am

I am about 10 weeks out and I was wondering how many calories to have per day.  I am VERY discouraged by my weight loss. (41 lbs. since surgery date of 2/22/11). I read everywhere and it says that after 3 or 4 months you start getting your hunger back (obviously your not really hungry after surgery but I WAS.) I am happy about the weight loss in one sense but I don't feel like I am doing that well.

I am trying to get on the right track now so I really need to know how many calories, carbs, etc I should be consuming per day. I do OK with the protein and I CAN EAT ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT. NOTHING BOTHERS ME AND LARGE BITES DON'T BOTHER ME EITHER WHICH SCARES ME EVEN MORE.

Material that I read also says that you can't stop from losing weight in the beginning but I don't feel that this happened to me. I know that it is only a TOOL but I thought I would have more restriction. Any advise would be appreciatied.

I wan to be successful. I want to nip my bad habits in the bud NOW. 

Please, please, please respond with your calorie, protein, and carb intakes per day.

Thank you.

Jennifer M.
on 5/2/11 2:55 am - NC
Hi! Every office has their patient on a different plan, so ultimately this should be a question for youe surgeon or nutritionist. In the meantime I can tell you what MY drs say. I am 5 months out from surgery and the only thing they want me to count is my protein- at least 60 grams a day. I also try not to have more than 10 carbs per meal, but I have had up to 15 before. When I pushed my nutrtionist for a calorie amount, she said that 5 months out from surgery should be 800-1000 calories a day. I'm getting 500-800 in actuality.

Up until a couple months ago, I was not particularly happy about my post op weight loss either. I had only lost 40 pound or so at 3 months out, so you're beating me in that regard. The last couple of months I've been losing more though. Hang in there. Every body is different and every plan is different. Don't try to do more or eat more (bigger bites) than you know you're supposed to. Measure everything and eat how you know is right. The weight will come off. 4 pounds a week is nothing to be down about. You're doing great!
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

Barbie F.
on 5/2/11 7:24 am - ME
  i got the 10 a meal but it still seemed like not as much as i am gettin..  for instance today i got 80 something i only ate breakfast which was 1 1/2 oz refried beans, with slice of 75% fat free cheese, slice of turkey bacon. lunch i had 6 oz yogurt n 16 oz skim milk.. dinner i had 1 oz of ground lean white turkey with 1/8 oz of sharp cheese, with 2 teas marinara.... seems like alot of carbs...  i dont dare to eat a snack later...

Barbie F.
on 5/2/11 3:10 am - ME
   How can you keep you carbs down to to 10 or 15 even.. when i am up to 60 something aday when i eat what the nut tells me to eat or the portions they say i should have?????

Jennifer M.
on 5/2/11 3:16 am - NC
Hi Barbie!  I guess I wasn't clear,  It's 10-15 carbs each time I eat, not per day!  Hope that makes more sense.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/11 3:13 am - TX
I am nine weeks out and I am eating about 800 calories a day. I try to make it different everyday though - 600 some and 900 others - to keep my body guessing. I think 41 pounds in ten weeks is a pretty good average. I had surgery March 1 and I've lost 43 as of this morning so we are kind of at the same place.
SONIA1415
on 5/2/11 3:33 am
Thank you all very much!!

Most Active
Recent Topics