BariWise Protein Fruit drink powders - Reviews please

needtoloseweight
on 5/3/11 12:29 am - Oxon Hill, MD
I was thinking about purchasing this product to see if it will be easier for me to drink compared to the Body Fortress protein drink I'm currently suffering through. Has anyone used this product and if so it the right kind of protein for us?  Thanks for any assistance.
http://www.bariatricchoice.com/bari-wise-bariatric-health-fr uit-drinks.html

nfarris79
on 5/3/11 1:21 am - Germantown, MD
 I've tried the grapefruit flavor from BariWise and also some other fruity samples from Diet Direct.com - they have 15g of protein so that's pretty good. They're alot less sweet than some other fruity types and went down pretty easy for me. I wonder if they have less sugar alcohols than other brands..... I also tried ALOT of samples from Vitalady.

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

ANNI D.
on 5/3/11 2:46 am
I bought a box from Diet Direct which is the same company as Bariatric Choice, but they use two different names, I guess to get more business. I only know that because they are based out of Wilmington, NC and it's only a couple of hours from me. Anyway, I got a variety box and while there was some variey there were some doubles of certain flavors and I didn't get all the different flavors. I don't know if they were out of some of them, or what. They were o.k., not great, but o.k. I don't much like peachy mango stuff so I didn't try that, but they serve their purpose. They do have a rather strong "protein smell" to them that is off-putting, but I just put in a cup with a lid and it was fine. I also had to add 2 packets of splenda and it HAS to be on ice!! Without ice I think it would be nasty. So, all in all it just depends what your tastes are and if getting your protein is more important than than it tasting terrific.To me, it was, because I was on fluids for about 2 weeks and really helped boost me protein. Hope this helped.
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

shoven21187
on 5/3/11 3:47 am - Saint Paul, MN
 Under the cold drinks and shakes menu I ordered 3 kinds of the Bariwise single bottles. I have only had the orange pineapple so far and that was good. It actually tasted a lot like just orange juice which I have missed... Could have used a tiny bit of sweetener but I wasnt at home anymore.

needtoloseweight
on 5/3/11 1:17 pm - Oxon Hill, MD
Thank you Ladies for the reviews and the suggestions. I think I'll try the variety pack to see which one I like the best.  I'm so sick of the vanilla and peanut butter chocolate from Body Fortress.  Whenever I drink them I feel off for the rest of the day.

Brenda Holland
on 5/5/11 5:42 am - Bryans Road, MD
RNY on 10/03/11 with
Have you tried Isotonic protein drinks?
How bad do you want it?

Most Active
Recent Topics