Eggface's Bites okay for soft food stage?

kimtres
on 5/4/11 8:01 pm - Doha, Qatar
I absolutely love the idea of Eggface's Bites, see link for Cheesy Onion Bites.

But do you think they could be okay for the soft food stage?  

Thanks for your thoughts,
Kim 

Price S.
on 5/5/11 3:09 am - Mills River, NC

I would look at your plan and see if those things are all on it for that stage.  We went from pureed to food so by the time we could have eggs and cheese, we could also have the cooked onions.  They do look good, don't they?

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

kimtres
on 5/5/11 3:28 am - Doha, Qatar
My plan allows the food (all cooked veggies except corn) and I would chop up the ingredients very finely.  I'm just nervous that they won't be soft enough, moist enough for what I need right now.

Has anyone actually made them?  Which ones?  Were they moist enough to be chewed up really well?

Jennifer M.
on 5/5/11 9:22 am - NC
I've made several different versions of them (pizza, ham and cheese, bacon and cheese, the one with green chilis, and one or 2 I've made up).  They are plenty moist.  Just don't overbake.  It was fine on MY soft food stage, but every plan is different so chech the ingredients with yours.

Oh, I love to dip mine in the Fage 2% plain greek yogurt.  Yum!
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

kimtres
on 5/5/11 6:27 pm - Doha, Qatar
Thanks!!!! Now I'm really 'egg'-cited!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/5/11 11:36 pm - OH
Yes, as the otehrs ahve said, as long as you do not overbake them and they contain only items that yuo are allowed to have, theya re fien.  You can also slightly alter teh recipes to SUIT what you are allowed to have, as well.  For instance, if onions are not on your list yet, pit some onion powder or onion salt (both available in the spice section of the grocery if you don;t already have some) in the eggs instead.

I'm almost 4 years out and I still make them periodically because they make great  protein snacks and you can create all sort of varieties and modify to suit your own tastes!   I have a Philly cheese steak version that is fabulous!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/11 12:08 am - SC
I made them yesterday and they are delicious!  Of course I used ingredients I had on hand, skinless turkey smoked sausage, green onion, cheddar and goat cheese.  They were amazing.  My daughter actually ate 4 of them for supper last night and she usually hates eggs!  I'm on soft foods too.  My pouch tolerated them quite nicely.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 347 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views
Recent Topics