How many protein drinks a day do you drink?

Ladytazz
on 5/6/11 6:47 am
I do 3 a day and will probably be adding a 4th once I reach my final goal if I continue to lose weight.  I do love them, though.  I usually use Body Fortress because it is cheap and I add things in so unless the protein is really disgusting it doesn't really matter what kind I use.  I am eating more meat so I am probably getting in about 130 grams of protein a day or more. 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

unewillow
on 5/6/11 6:50 am - CT
I uy my protein powder at Vitamin Shoppe...they let you return what you don't like and try something else. Took me a few returns to find a protein that I don't mind (I won't say like because I do doctor it up).

I drink at least 1 shake a day...though there are some days when all my blender cups are dirty that I don't get one in...like yesterday...but I find that having that 24+grams of protein in and done makes it a lot less stressful to get the rest of my protein grams from food during the day.

StaceyinNY
on 5/6/11 6:59 am - Amsterdam, NY
My new  Click!  Drink one every day around 1130 am for a pick-me-up.
carly44
on 5/6/11 7:05 am - hazlet, NJ
@ Nik: SCARE ME!!!please always feel free...my committment to a new life is of utmost importance to me and I respond to "tough love" as easily as the "soft touch"....lol....thank you both Nik and Lora for your suggestions.....I will go to vitalady immediately. I thought my DH would throw a fit becausemoney is super tight and while in the long runWLS is supposed to save you $$$ on meds/health problems/food I have to say right now it is costing an awful lot.....but his answer when he caught me crying was, you do what you have to do, buy what you have to buy and just be happy....gotta love the dude....

by the way Nik, I'm on your blog site EVERYDAY....it is part of my am ritual (read bible, pray, go to bariatricfoodie.com...lol) A veritable plethora of info and yummy goodness.....I just usually skip the protein shake recipes in rebellion.....I'll be checking those out tonite. Thanks again!

Jennifer M.
on 5/6/11 7:10 am - NC
I just have to say that I laughed my hinney off at your making poopies remark. lol

By the way, I drink a shake 1 or 2 times a day depending on how much protein I've gotten from my food.
Loving my new life!  I'm ever so grateful...
Visit my weight loss blog at http://homeschoolblogger.com/gettingitgone/.
Includes 76lbs weight loss before surgery.

ohioh
on 5/6/11 10:51 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I drink 2 shakes a day...I use syntrax nectar and body fortress. I doctor them up with SF syrups (kahlua, almond, creme de menthe, raspberry, hazelnut etc...)  I don't like to drink the nectar fuzzy navel flavor but I LOVE it mixed with a milk in instant plain oatmeal with a little splenda. YUMMY!!! 

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Firefly48
on 5/6/11 10:12 am
I am on week four and after week 3 my doctor had me drop protein drinks. I suffered drinking them and only did so because of the hair loss scare. Try Biotin it helps with hair loss and keep eating that protein first at all meals..good luck!

chrisgraves
on 5/6/11 10:37 am - MA
I"m trying to mix up my food intake right now to see if I can do better per week on the scale.  3 days a week I do 2 shakes (1 Am and 1 post work out)  the other 4 days I do one shake in the AM only.

I generally rock out at 70-80g.

Shrimp, Tuna, lobster, chobani, cheese sticks are my go to proteins.  How decadent is it to have shrimp "****tail" at work daily!

5'6.5"  HW: 310 / SW:279.6  /GW:150               
Melting_In_PalmSprin
gs

on 5/6/11 11:53 am - Palm Springs Area , CA
"How decadent is it to have shrimp "****tail" at work daily!"

Oh I concur!!!  Fresh Shrimp ****tail is my favorite "go to" of late and it tastes even more so decadently delicious when I eat it at my desk at work.  YUM! What a wonderful treat that is actually quite inexpensive and loaded with protein.  Win Win.

Holly
Lady Lithia
on 5/6/11 11:50 am
I do at least two a day...... often three or four

yum.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?