Question about liquids

TCULinda5
on 5/5/11 5:42 am - TX
I had RNY on Monday, and for the most part feel great (im still a little sleepy, but that is to be expected). I have been concentrating on staying hydrated and drinking protein shakes. However, I feel like i can drink an unlimited amount! I take small sips, up to 2 ounces every half hour. Does that sound normal, or am i drinking too much? I guess i am just a little confused because my body isn't really giving me any concrete signals of being full.

Any help is appreciated :)

-Linda
HW: 267, SW-242
nomoresugar
on 5/5/11 5:50 am, edited 5/5/11 5:50 am
If you can tolerate liquids in that volume, excellent!  You cannot really do any harm taking small sips and you are a bit lucky compared to many of us.
Kim S.
on 5/5/11 5:53 am - Helena, AL
Be glad you can get the liquids down!  So many folks have issues with it.  I never had a problem getting them down.  I don't think you could actually drink too much! 

You will not have signals of fullness for a while, and you generally wont with liquids...they just slide right through.....right now just get your protein in and keep sipping!

Wishing you a speedy non-eventful recovery!  Welcome to the other side!!

Kim

remembrtherain
on 5/5/11 6:08 am - San Francisco, CA
I'm in the same boat. but my dr said 2-3 oz every hour. I've been taking it slow, but I'm finding myself thirsty all the time. Like, all I want is water...forever. haha. But, my dr said no harm in liquids as long as they are non-caloric and non-bubbly.
gizmo113
on 5/8/11 3:48 am - Camby, IN
 Sounds good to me! Way to go! Congrats on your surgery!

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Most Active
Recent Topics