What is a 5 day pouch test???

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/9/11 7:12 am
Hi. Just want to know. May 5th...completed my last 6 month pre-op appointment.

Thanks for an answers in advance and have a great week.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/9/11 7:20 am - Baltimore, MD
Something you should not be worrying yourself about, but for the record it is a method of post-ops deluding themselves into thinking their pouch is "resettable" after they've stopped complying with their prescribed eating plan.

Some swear by it. Some (like me) wi**** would burn in hell. Your focus should not be on that right now though. Focus on getting ready for surgery and having a successful post-op experience.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/9/11 12:00 pm - OH
  (for your answer)

(for keeping me from having to write anything!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

2nd_Chance_Chick
on 5/9/11 7:23 am, edited 5/9/11 7:41 am
Thanks. I love how u don't sugar coat anything....u keep it 100.

I know what i'm doing,I have it all planned-plans to give you the future you hope for.Jeremiah 29:11(The Message)

With God's Will, I was approved!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/9/11 7:25 am - Baltimore, MD
100% man (and woman) made.

No plastic. (Yet)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 11:39 am, edited 5/9/11 11:41 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Nik is right that some folks don't use the 5-Day as it should be used. It is just a way to "decarb" one's system when you've gotten off track, but if you go back to your "new/old" way of eating you'll have wasted your time. I have used it myself, and it does help to relieve the car***** And no, you shouldn't be worrying about that right now. Focus on your pre-op stuff.

If you want to know more, google the term and read up on it.

Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics