Having my "What have I done moment" 4 days post - op :(

j_brooke
on 5/13/11 6:38 am - TX
I having a hard time coping. It us very overwhelming when you get home trying to remember what to take & how much & how often. I'm being very diligent today about 2 oz of protein every hour because I was feeling weak. Overall, the soreness is going away, but I'm weak. Really wanting to feel human again. Please help.
LBinSC0712
on 5/13/11 6:42 am
I wish there was a magic answer to making you feel better but it just takes time.  Walk as much as you can and sip sip sip liquid to keep hydrated.  It will get better!  I had and still have days when I think WTH have I done - but stepping on the scale and seeing the lbs come off feels so much better then food ever tasted!  Hang in there!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 5/13/11 6:49 am - Baltimore, MD
I think the best help we can give is to just listen sweetie. It gets better. Sometimes it seems worse before it gets better but it really will be ok.

You're doing great. Just take care of yourself, rest and feel whatever the hell you want to feel. And be comfortable posting it all here. Sometimes it really helps.

Hugs.
cajungirl
on 5/13/11 6:50 am
Breathe, the first few weeks are difficult.  Know it gets better.  Keep sipping your liquids and walk as much as you can then rest.

I promise it gets better.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

j_brooke
on 5/13/11 6:51 am - TX
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm not really wanting food, it's just I feel like I have a lack of over all health. Trying to keep up & not really knowing how to. Feeling guilty because when my kids & family are eating I'm not in there with them. I'm not really sure what I've done, I guess, I never thought it would be so hard to re/cooperate from.
Reesheda H.
on 5/13/11 6:51 am - Jackson, MS
Yes mam I had those days also. It was scary. I sat there and watched my family enjoy Seafood Gumbo and Fried Catfish for Christmas Dinner and I could not have any. I was PISSED. But it will pass and you will feel good about your decision.
Stacemonster
on 5/13/11 7:01 am
I'm 4 days post-op and I feel exactly the same way!  I am struggling to keep anything down.  A bottle of water never looked so daunting!  I feel encouraged, though, by posts where people say it was the best decision they ever made.  Things must change or they would never, ever say that, right?

j_brooke
on 5/13/11 7:04 am - TX
I hope it passes because I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. This is awful. The hardest thing.
angieh299
on 5/13/11 1:29 pm
I felt exactly the same way and it was so frustrating. I couldn't think, move, or be a part of my family's lives for quite awhile. I am sure you will recover quicker than I did though (I have a ton of other health problems) and I do have to say this and can't believe I am saying it now...but it DOES get better. REST and take care of you right now! Drink as much liquids as you can and don't worry too much about getting all the things in so early out...I waited a month before starting calcium and other things. Hang in there!

silly_sandy
on 5/13/11 7:38 am - IL
(((hugs)))  It is not a walk in the park, but it does get better.  Promise!  What you are feeling is normal and something I think we each thought a time or two while recouperating.  Just do your best to walk, get your fluids in and rest.  Stay on top with the pain meds if you need them.  (I used every last drop of my pain meds, lol)  Don't let it lapse.  It's harder to catch up with the pain when it wears

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views