Starting pureed foods monday...

katielove
on 5/28/11 6:40 am - Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
Any suggestions?  What kind of things did you puree or eat on this stage of the diet?
<3 Katie  facebook.com/katielynn8806   http://notjustaface.blogspot.com/  My blog!
~~ Life is too important to be taken seriously~~ Oscar Wilde

Includes the 50lb loss pre-op       

azambesi
on 5/28/11 9:29 am - Milton, FL
 I need these same suggestions!  We had our surgery on the same date, but my surgeon wants to see you before you start puree, so I have to wait until I see him Tuesday.  Monday holiday...

Personally, I'm totally looking forward to eating some pureed scrambled egg.

I did see one recipe that I am going to try:

1oz Refried Beans
1 tsp Taco Sauce
1/2  to 3/4 oz Shredded Cheese

Layer in a small glass baking bowl.  Bake at 350 until heated through and cheese is melted.

Makes about a 2oz serving.  Another option is to make a bigger amount and ration it out after cooking.  

Good luck on puree! I know I'm looking forward to it 

Amy R.
on 5/28/11 9:40 am
I ate LOTS of refried beans from Taco Bell with extra cheese and some times some sour cream. YUM.  Still sounds good sometimes. =)  Don't really have any other suggestions for you, but you might check out eggface's blog.  She has recipes for EVERYTHING from what I understand, and has good ideas for pureed and soft stages.  The website is:

www.worldaccordingtoeggface.com

Best of luck on your journey (to both of you!)
sunpat41
on 5/28/11 10:20 am
I am on mushy foods, I eat a lot of cottage cheese, avocado's, greek yogurt, refried beans, soft scrambled eggs, sf pudding, tuna, anything I can put in a blender turkey chili 
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

aclay
on 5/29/11 7:35 am - MA
I'm super lucky my doctor said I didn't have to do it.  I had my post check up up and told her the thought of pureed foods makes me sick and she said as long as i cut up all my food very small and chew good then i will be ok.  I had my surgery on 5/3/11 and I am eating just about everything (healthy choices though)  except at work I didn't tell anyone about my surgery and stupid me wanted to "fit in" and tried a very small slice of pizza chewed very good and slow and I paid for it big time and got sick.  So the following day I made chili and habve been eating that everyday or wendy grilled chicken sandwich w/no bread and half a sweet potoatoe.  Good luck!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics