5 weeks out and having food issues... help!

Prettybrowneyezz
on 6/8/11 5:27 am - PA
Ok, here it is, 5 weeks post op and I am having major food issues..  I am repulsed by food.  I am never hungry and I force myself to eat.  When I do eat, I can't even finish what I started.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I hope this passes..  I resorted back to protein drinks to get my protein/liquid in.  I am trying to get my water intake up too.    This is a complete 180 degrees.  I used to love food and now I can't stand to look at it.    Help!
sjbob
on 6/8/11 5:57 am - Willingboro, NJ
 I haven't had this problem but I do know that others have had it.  Enjoy your rapid I if only temporary weight loss.  Contact the nutritionis at the surgeon's office for more options.You may be able to have sugar free  pudding with non-fat or 1 percent fat milk.  You may also want to look at the recipes Forum.  The diet and nutrition Forum is set up a bit differently than most forums but it does have a section where members rate and review many foods.
Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/8/11 6:22 am - Baltimore, MD
I don't mean to oversimplify what you're experiencing, but it is actually quite normal. There is no emergency. You are reacting to surgery in the way your body was meant to react.

For now, keep working at getting your protein the best way you can. It might be worth investigating different methods of getting protein (I know I loved hot protein drinks when I was newer out. they felt better on my pouch).

But so far as everything else, that's WLS. I think you'll be just fine.
facethemusic
on 6/8/11 6:29 am
I went through this and am still dealing with this at 7 weeks.  I don't want to eat and when I do I get full so easily that it seems like it isn't worth it to go through everything to prepare it.  It seems like the denser the food I eat the quicker I get full.  There is nothing wrong with using protein drinks still.  If I didn't I wouldn't get in enough protein.  There is no way.  I've found a few foods that I tolerate really well and those are staples.  I try to eat something different once a day.  If I can stomach it great, if not then it's okay because I have some foods that I can eat.  
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

Lovingthe NEWME
on 6/8/11 10:17 am
This too shall pass! I went through the same thing...just you wait and see. Continue your protein for sure.

Each day has had it's own challenges, but I am greatful because today is not like yesterday, it's better!  ~KAW                 
Most Active
Recent Topics