Two weeks out - afraid of failing

joghac
on 7/4/11 1:55 am - NY
I am two weeks out today, am moving to the pureed stage today.  I just ate an egg for breakfast, I ate the whole thing and dont feel full.  I dont feel hungry either but I dont feel any sense of fullness.  I am so afraid I will be able to eat a lot, and am going to fail at this surgery too (had a revision from lap band).  Ive been having dreams that I eat an entire hamburger and french fries and I dont feel full.  I am so worried this will come true.  Any insight?

Kimanne01
on 7/4/11 1:58 am
At this stage you wont feel full.  They have severed the nerves in your stomach, which is why you have to be careful and measure everything.  It will eventually come back. My Dr said to expect it around 6 months.  I am 3 months out and have no signs of fullness at all, which can be a little scary but I am very careful not to over eat.  Just stick to your plan and you will be ok.  Eating soft foods is different than eating dense foods. I can eat a lot more yogurt/eggs than I can chicken.  So take a deep breath, measure your food and you will be ok!

Stephanie M.
on 7/4/11 2:24 am - Los Angeles, CA
 I feel this way too! I am on day 5 of purees and I don't feel full either. I sometimes at night eat one serving of my foods and then an hour later eat another, and then I feel full and not so well. Just follow exactly what your doctor tells you to (which I'm working on as well). Eventually, our bodies will catch up, but just be patient and try to stick to it best you can. That's what I'm doing. Good luck!!
Steph

Tammy R.
on 7/4/11 2:30 am - Covina, CA
I get to start pureed tomorrow but I'm in the same boat. I had the revision from the lap band and now I dont feel any "restriction". I'm not  feel like I could eat way over two oz. I am also having night dreams and day dreams about food.
lapband 7/08 revised to rny 7/11

Bettisima
on 7/4/11 2:45 am
I can understand the not feeling full, as posted above the nerves in your stomach need time to heal. And it is likely you will never feel full, like Thanksgiving full, as you did prep. The goal is to feel satisfied.

A word of caution, while you may not feel full, you will definitely feel it if you over eat. It's painful, and your choices are to endure the pain, or purge the excess. Measure your food, eat the smaller quantities. If you need to eat every 3 to 4 hours, that's ok. Some surgeons push 3 meals only, with no snacks. My surgeon directs no more than 4 hours between meals, to avoid unplanned snacks.
Amy T.
on 7/4/11 3:10 am - CA
I am three weeks out, and my NUT and surgeon said that this is why it is so important to measure EVERYTHING... I don't feel full either, and stick to my measurements exactly.  
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Recent Topics