Reaccuring Topic, but still need help

Vicki E.
on 7/6/11 4:29 am
I know everyone makes this post at least once in there weight loss journey, but I have to do it and need help.  I have been at a stall for about 2 weeks now.  I am so close to being under 200 I can taste it.  What can I do to help my weight to start dropping again?

Dont get me wrong I would be happy with where I am at now and what I have done so far.  I have lost almost 60lbs and feel great. But I know I am not done, not a only 4 months out.  I want more!!! 

Vicki
 “Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be? George Sheehan

Cleopatra_Nik
on 7/6/11 4:36 am - Baltimore, MD
Ok, a few words of wisdom from one of the resident WLS dinosaurs.

1. Everyone seems to stall before breaking through the 200 lb. mark. It is the universe's way of ******g you off.
2. At 4 mos. I can, with almost 100% accuracy, say that you are NOT done losing.
3. If you exercise, step up the intensity. Do more strength training. That may not yield an immediate loss on the scale but it will make you slimmer (different from weighing less) and more toned.
4. If you are not exercising, start.
5. Be warned: after the six month mark, some folks find it like pulling teeth to get those pounds off. That's where perseverance pays off. Keep working at changing your lifestyle. The weight will work itself out.
(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 5:04 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Nikki's right on!  But she forgot the most important thing:

STAY OFF THE SCALE!!!!!

It will drive you nutz.

Just stay on program with your protein, supplements, water, and exercise.  Make sure you're not letting carbs creep back into your food intake.

Try smaller size clothes;  I think you'll find that your body is shrinking in volume, even if you're not losing weight.

Be patient, Grasshopper!!!
Stephanie M.
on 7/6/11 5:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
 I think everyone else is correct, but I would also add that if you are eating the same thing everyday, maybe vary it with fish or different types of low-fat proteins. Sometimes changing it up can help!! I'm sure you'll get there soon!! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 422 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 349 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 351 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 261 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 159 views
Recent Topics