Stall At 3 weeks

MrsFreund
on 7/13/11 11:52 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Monday I will be four weeks post op. Its been a week since I lost any weight. Is a stall this early normal. Im so bummed.

silly_sandy
on 7/13/11 11:54 pm - IL
Yes, three week stalls are very normal.  Not to worry, it doesn't last long and you'll see that scale moving again :)

HW: 307  SW:  254  CW: 177 GW: 150
MrsFreund
on 7/13/11 11:56 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks. I hope so. I have been weighing myself everyday and i just keep getting more and more upset.

Melissalove3
on 7/14/11 12:19 am - Portland, OR
Totally normal, just follow your plan, you will be fine!!! 

Amy T.
on 7/14/11 2:03 am - CA
I just got out of a 2 1/2 week stall at 3 weeks out.  Hide your scale!  Don't weigh every day if it affects your mood.    Some days you will lose, some days you won't.  Its the OVERALL numbers that count in the end.  

Hang in there!  This too shall pass!
Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

losing-jennifer
on 7/14/11 2:14 am
I'm 5 weeks out and stalled at 2 weeks. Lost nothing for 8 days. It is overall numbers. Saw the surgeon yesterday for my 4 week check (at 5 weeks) and he said for the weight I began with I've lost very quickly. I think we are all just so excited to finally loose that we get impatient.
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

froggietina
on 7/14/11 3:04 am - TX
I stalled two weeks ago (4 weeks out from surgery) and I still haven't been able to break it. I knew that a stall was likely, but I find it is so funny how our mind and insecurities can play with us. I have failed at so many attempts to lose weight that I keep thinking this will fail also. Not logical, but just an insecurity. I just keep doing what I need to do. I journal my food intake. Make sure that I keep my calories around 700 and protein 70-80. I have been making sure to excercise regulary.

Stick with the plan and I know that the scale will begin to move for us again.

Tina

Lap-Band Surgery 296/ RNY Surgery 216
5'8"

princessfrogee
on 7/14/11 4:36 am - AL
No worries!  There are several of us at around 3 wks post-op that have stalled this past wk.  I have been the same give/take 1-2 lbs (and that is literally giving and taking up and down up and down all wk).  What saved my mind is tape measuring my body.  Though discouraged the scale wasn't moving down fast enough for this early in the journey, I am losing a lot of inches and that helped a lot to see those numbers!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
AmyCathleenRN
on 7/15/11 3:34 am - VA
RNY on 06/13/11 with
Yes! My stall started at exactly 3 weeks, and I'm still stuck! No worries though, my clothes are fitting better and have even had a few people mention they can see some weight loss in my face.  I know the scale will move soon (it has to, who can't lose weight on 800 calories a day!!). I had my  husband hide the scale and he brings it out once a week so I can weigh myself.  Good luck, we will all get through this!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 283 views