A Post-Op Question

KarenCee
on 7/16/11 8:37 am - GA
I've heard so many say they have a hard time getting in the required amount of liquid for whatever reason.  I've heard some say they feel so stuffed after a 1/2 oz of food or when trying to get in those protein shakes.  I have felt neither sensation. I drink water between liquid meals and have no problems.  However I am not hungry either which is a great thing.  I do what I'm supposed to do, drink what I'm allowed, etc. but I don't have that feeling of being stuffed.  Is that normal?  Should I feel something at all?  I've not had any nausea (thank you lord jesus amen!) or any other discomforts other than the air (the gurgling...drives me nuts!).  Anyhwho I was just wondering if I'm normal.
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

celticfemale
on 7/16/11 8:42 am - OH
RNY on 04/12/11 with
  I had the same thing for about th efirst 3 weeks, but be ccareful because your nerves are healing frimthe surgery is why you don't feel anything yet!  And liquids tend to be funneled right through.  When you get to semi-solids.mushy stage you will notice the full feeling after a few bites of food.  Just foloow what the doc says to do and don't take everything everyone here says to heart... the doc knows best!  Good luck!

HW - 270/ SW -247/ CW - 210/ SGW -200/ GW -150
I know God won't give me more than I can handle... I just wish he didn't trust me so much!  

Mandee
on 7/16/11 8:42 am - NY
I feel the same exact way.  I have had zero intolerance, no vomiting, and can now easily get all my water and protein in.  I measure my food (still on purees) so I know how much to eat because I still don't feel full or hungry. I typically eat between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of food three times a day, and 2 protein shakes.  I do get some "head hunger" sometimes, but it passes.  I was worried about being normal too.  I wouldn't trade it though, I am glad it's been easy so far.

pregnancy calendar

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/16/11 9:28 am - OH
I think you are falling into a common "trap" of reading posts here.  The VAST MAJORITY of people have no trouble (or just a little bit of trouble) getting in a reasonable amount of liquid or food after surgery, but it is the MINORITY of people who DO have trouble that post about it.  They post because they ARE having trouble and have questions or need support.  The people that AREN'T havign trouble have no reason to post. 

So... not only are your NORMAL, you are in the MAJORITY.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

KarenCee
on 7/16/11 9:36 am - GA
Oh...ok. I guess I didn't realize that I was probably falling into a trap so to speak.  Well, I guess it's good then that I'm normal. And  I do know that not everyone's experience will be the same but I just figured that since so many (or so it seemed to me) were having the issues I referred to that maybe I wasn't normal and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.  I may not be having problems but I do enjoy giving and receiving support.  
Teaching is the essential profession, the one that makes all professions possible.  —David Haselkorn

Carrie S.
on 7/16/11 11:04 am - Asheville, NC
On July 16, 2011 at 4:36 PM Pacific Time, KarenCee wrote:
Oh...ok. I guess I didn't realize that I was probably falling into a trap so to speak.  Well, I guess it's good then that I'm normal. And  I do know that not everyone's experience will be the same but I just figured that since so many (or so it seemed to me) were having the issues I referred to that maybe I wasn't normal and I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.  I may not be having problems but I do enjoy giving and receiving support.  
 You deserve support too just like everyone else!!    Sounds like you're doing great--  Be glad!!

My surgery was a week before you and I was O****il I started coming off purees.  Only a couple little issues....but I learned from them.  Just take it slow.  Your body will tell you if there's a problem.

RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
CarolBeth
on 7/16/11 10:06 am - SoCal, CA
I really, really hope I get to be like you very soon.  I had a horrible reaction after surgery and was in the hospital an extra day and a half....some nasty nausea and vomiting.  They couldn't let me go home until I could get and keep liquids down.  I'm MUCH better now, but still having trouble getting everything in.  Since things seem to improve every day, I'm counting on being in your situation very soon!  I'm very happy things are going so well for you.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Carrie S.
on 7/16/11 11:05 am - Asheville, NC
 You might also (if you haven't already)  want to visit the light weights board.  They are such a kind and supportive group!!

RNY June 22, 2011        Asheville, NC
    c
www.carriestewartemrick.wordpress.com 
Highest Weight 250      Starting Weight  226      Goal Weight  ???
Height 5'  6.5"
Jenners
on 7/16/11 11:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
I'm the exact same way.  I feel absolute no hunger and I can get in all my protein and water with no problems.  Everything has stayed in my pouch like it's supposed to  :)  Even the gurgling is what I'm experiencing, lol.  I am just gonna enjoy it while it lasts and measure measure measure everything. 
~*~JEN~*~     

HW: 406   SW: 358   CW: 231      
Most Active
Recent Topics