Perhaps a help for hairloss!

deborahgalek31
on 7/18/11 5:22 am
I'm a pool fiend...but the chlorine is killer on the hair...and worse now due to surgery.  For a month, my hair has been falling out in HUGE clumps.  I've been taking the key vitamins to help with this, and it did get a bit better, but still had pretty bad loss.

So...I went to the dollar tree and found some Balsom and Protien conditioner to slather on my hair while in the pool to help curb the damage.  Soon after I started doing this, I found that the hair loss was cut in HALF!  So now, everytime I'm in the pool, I slather this stuff on my head and rub it into my scalp.  I don't rinse it out until I shampoo my hair (some rinses out in the pool).

The bottle I got was a very large bottle at the Dollar Tree, but I'm sure you could find a conditioner with Balsom and Protien in a normal store too.

Now...it's only been a little over a week since I started doing this, so these are only preliminary results.  I will keep you posted!

Live Long and Prosper  \ V / ,
Debbie
losing-jennifer
on 7/18/11 5:50 am
Awesome you discovered that.  I used to be on a swim team in college and when we'd get rinsed off to go in the pool we would wet our hair, apply tons of conditioner, and then put our caps on before going to swim.  It really does save on hair. 
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

Amy T.
on 7/18/11 5:53 am - CA
 Awesome!   I have been an avid swimmer and scuba diver my whole life.  I use Alberto VO5 (the one in the tube, its like grease).  Get my hair wet, and lather that in,  it really helps with the breakage from the elements (pool, ocean, etc.)  

So glad you discovered a good thing for your hair!!!  Good luck!

Amy
I am ready to be an active participant in my life rather than a spectator...  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 481 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 405 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 165 views
Recent Topics