How long does the hungry last?

Stephanie M.
on 7/18/11 11:35 am - Los Angeles, CA
 So far with WLS, I feel I've been successful. I have lost 25 pounds in the last 6 weeks (including pre-op), and I am very happy with where it's headed. I am about to be 4 weeks out from surgery, and I'm wondering, when will I actually start feeling full? I find that some days my stomach growls just as much as it used to, and it feels like my amount of willpower changed since surgery. I eat exactly what I should, (1-2 oz 6x daily) and usually drink all the protein I should. 

So how long does it take for the nerves to heal?

Thanks,
Steph

Valley_Girl
on 7/18/11 12:24 pm
I am having the same problem.  I am eating the program prescribed by my NUT.  I eat until I am full. 1/2 hour later I start drinking water, crystal light, etc.  
Not too much later I am hungry again.  It is so frustrating.  I thought it may be head hunger so I joined a group and started seeing a psychologist.  No good luck there.
My DR is happy with my weight loss.  I don't want to eat extra meals, and I know I won't.. But there has to be a better solution!!  Any veterans out there hab=ve any ideas?
Thanks for letting me hijack your thread to rant

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/11 11:20 pm - Winter Park, FL
I get hungry too quick as well it seems. But I think once I have a more consistent routine of eating more dense proteins it will subside. I have a tendency to just want to "drink" all my proteins and get on my way,...lol  Gotta work on that!
Most Active
Recent Topics