How long until my energy returns? (week 3)

Kim H.
on 8/3/11 1:48 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I've read on here that many people experience an energy drop around this time- the 3 week mark. I'm really so low energy it's crazy. I return to work this week (Saturday) and with 12.5 hour days I'm a little worried. I'm too tired/drained for exercise and I just feel like doing anything is a mental/physical chore. Any idea how long this will last?
Thanks,
Kim

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/3/11 1:53 am
how many protein per day y ou are getting? how abou****er? and vitamins?

try to increase the proteins. Make sure you drink all the water you need to and take vitamins. 

One of the reason for energy drop is not enough nutrition and vitamins and dehydration.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kim H.
on 8/3/11 2:00 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
My protein is about 60-90 depending on the day but I have been struggling to get all my fluids in...maybe that's part of the problem. I'll make that a priority and see if it helps. Thanks Hala!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
poet_kelly
on 8/3/11 2:00 am - OH
Are you getting enough fluids and enough protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NIXMOMMIE
on 8/3/11 2:04 am - NC
I had been terrible with vitamins until recently. I started One A Day Active mind and Body. and I will tell you, it has made a world of difference in my energy level. I also get 100g of protein daily. But the vitamins are fabulous, and yes approved by my nut and doc. Twice a day though. And not too late at night, you will be up all night
Kim H.
on 8/3/11 2:04 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I think I have enough protein but I need to up the water. I appreciate the quick reply Kelly! Thanks.

CarolBeth
on 8/3/11 3:33 am - SoCal, CA
Thanks for this post.  I had surgery the same day as you, but I returned to work one week after.  Luckily they let me do short days whenever I need to.  Some days I can barely drag myself across the floor, others are ok.  I'm getting all my vitamins, but it's so hard to get all that protein and liquid in.  I've been succeeding with that the past few days, but still have times when just doing anything can be a HUGE chore.  I guess we just keep doing the right things and it will get better. 
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Firefly48
on 8/3/11 8:30 am
oh my I had the same feeling, like I would never get my level of energy back I used to have. I went back to work after two weeks, it was tough, but I struggled through. I felt so tired for about 6 weeks....finally I feel great and have the energy I used to most of the time.

It does get better, I would nap sometimes after work for an hour and that helped! Listen to your body and follow through...best of luck.

Oh and I am not quite four months out and I feel fantastic!!!!

JerseyJim
on 8/3/11 8:41 am - Sayre, PA
I have been taking all my protein, vitamins, and drinking plenty of liquids from day one, but I still experienced MAJOR exhaustion from weeks 3 through 8.  No matter how much sleep, food, vitamins, or water I got, it seemed like every activity absolutely drained all my energy.  Weeks 9 and 10 have been AMAZING!  I can go for endless hours and have tons of energy.  I honestly feel strong and energetic.

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Bonnie Reinhardt
on 8/4/11 4:41 am - Anaheim, CA
RNY on 06/23/11 with
I myself just hit week 6 and have been having the low energy since week 3.  (I am getting enough protein and water, and take my vitamins.)  I do have to say this week I have not been as tired as the last few!
Good luck,
Bonnie