Showing off the "bat wings"

Prettybrowneyezz
on 8/19/11 5:39 am - PA
Hey there!

I am 15 weeks out and down 99 lbs total.. woohoo!  I am starting to build my confidence up  and doing things I never did before..

I went out to dinner ALONE at a sit down restaurant for the first time in years.. It was nice!

I am actually going out tonight with a friend to a club and want dress sexy..  I recently bought a lace tank and I am actually thinking about not wearing an overlay with it exposing my "bat wings" ..I'm a little scared and self-conscience.  How many other ladies (and gents) don't give a crap showing off their wings??  I need a little encourgement..

Thanks!

Paula
DailyMae123
on 8/19/11 6:27 am
You said it - don't give a crap!  It is what it is so enjoy and let the bats fly!

waitinggame
on 8/19/11 6:30 am - Bowie, MD
Congrats on your tremendous success!! This summer I finally said to hell with it and started rocking some tank tops. As a matter of fact I put a picture in my profile of my sleeveless self. It is empowering to stop worrying about what people think. If someone doesn't like me because I have some extra skin then they are the ones missing out and they are extraordinarly shallow.

I'm with the other poster, let the bats fly!!!

Denise

Check out my blog--menumealplanning.com. Tales of making meal planning managable, family fodder, and everything else under the sun. 

RNY 2/3/09, LBL/BL w/Augmentation 9/16/11
Start weight: 335 Current weight: 185 Goal weight: Whatever the hell I can maintain without driving myself insane

ButterflyCenturyCard-5.gif picture by barbccrn

*6.5 lost preop

Ladytazz
on 8/19/11 6:46 am, edited 8/19/11 6:47 am
I say let them flap.  I generally don't let all my loose skin dictate what I wear, especially when it is hot outside.  I am wearing a sleeveless top as we speak.  I do buy longer shorts because of my legs and I really don't care for short shorts anyway. 

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Price S.
on 8/19/11 7:34 am - Mills River, NC
At 62 with some serious skin issues, I still cover it up if I am going out.  But around the farm, it's shorts and tank tops.  I went to the lake with my daughter last week and wore a swim suite, baggy skin and all.  I figured I'd never see those folks again anyway.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

heatherambrosia
on 8/19/11 10:46 am - GA
Just do it! Many of us hid at our higher weights not realizing nobody gave a crap anyway.... and they still don't!

Have fun!!!
SW 343, Current below, Goal 160 & to start a family!11978920
Koko M.
on 8/19/11 11:35 am - Albany, CA
I figure if I could wear tank tops when my arms were as big around as legs, I can sure as hell wear them now. I have always felt more comfortable bare-armed, and even though I know I've got some funny stuff happening on the backs of my arms, if I didn't worry about it before, I'm not going to start worrying about it now.

Let those wings fly.

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

alovely
on 8/19/11 1:49 pm, edited 8/19/11 1:50 am
Hell, I haven't even had my surgery yet and will let mine fly, at 263lbs. But then again I really don't give a hoot what others think.

I say let em fly free

Ashley
Consult Weight: 263
Pre-OP Weight: 252
Follow-up Weight: 240

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/19/11 1:58 pm - OH
I covered mine up when I was heavy and I covered them when I still had the "batwings".  I just wasn;t comfortable with showing mine, yet it doesn't bother me at all to see other people with heavy arms or big batwings.  (Yeah, I know, it makes no sense!)

Now, however, I LOVE wearing a tank top that shows my thin, toned arms and my small shoulders!  I might not fit in a size 8, but dammit I finally have arms worthy of sleeveless tops for the first time since Jr High School in the early 70s!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

beatrice00
on 8/20/11 1:52 am - NY
RNY on 04/10/12 with
If the arms are really bad and you feel very uncomfortable then cover them a bit. I have little wings so I go sleeveless everywhere but remember not to jiggle my arms around too much. The only way to feel comfortable is to show the arms all the time then you won't care about it at all because you'll be used to it. This is all about how you feel, strangers looking at you won't notice anything. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics