5 days out

ecshumway
on 8/28/11 1:20 am - NY
Every day I am getting stronger. My biggest concern is making sure I get my fluids. I find it a little difficult as I sleep a bit, but there are times I can't stay awake. But I'm getting there. Filling up on protein shakes, water, diet snapple, jello and this morning my first "real" food.
4 TBSP of cream of wheat, with sugar free maple syrup. It was good and I tolerated it well. I still have this uncontrollable feeling of thirst. I just want to gulp some water but instead I chew on ice chips. It helps.
I'm still nauseated at times especially when I try to read, or move around too much.

lilbear412
on 8/28/11 1:49 am - MN
 i have a tough time getting fluids also.  i am not a drinker at all.  i am going between propel zero and water.  i find that suddenly things are a tad bit to sweet for me.  i am not drinking protein shakes as i am on a clear liquid diet still.  so jello and broth for breakfast, lunch and dinner.   and i am not hungry at all.  i am not sauseated at all and take like pepcid each morning.  i am more in shock and aw phase thinking "wow i can't believe i just had my insides rearranged what was i thinking" lol.   

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

gracie5
on 8/28/11 3:20 am
 HI-I'm 3 weeks post op and just now feeling better energy levels are getting better every day,just be kind to your body and give it the rest it needs to heal-Best Wishes to you

Most Active
Recent Topics