Possible Kidney Infection

Dee2011
on 8/28/11 6:02 am - PA
I have been having a lot of back discomfort since last night.  I have had kidney infections prior to RNY so I know how they feel.  What can we take for them?  I used to drink Cranberry Juice by my nut says no juices after the first week out.  I'm having a lot of discomfort and don't want to end up in the hospital as I did the last time I had one.  Please help.
KatCooper
on 8/28/11 6:09 am - Collierville, TN
 Why not just go to your PCP and get them to check your urine then you know for sure.  Cranberry juice will acidify your urine somewhat, but it will not make an infection go away.  The do make cranberry extract pills, but I have no idea how big they are.   If you are running fever you may want to find an urgent care center that is open today.

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

nduke39
on 8/28/11 7:17 am - FL
I had a kidney infection a few weeks ago, treated with 7 days of Bactrum and then 5 days of Cipro.  We are unsure if the infection was that  bad or if its due to the RNY for needed more antibiotics.  Get in with your PCP, its an easy test and fix.

Lorrainecma
on 8/28/11 7:41 am
 Either go to your Family doctor, the urgent care, or if you call your surgeon maybe he will even send you a script to the drug store. I think that I would try my surgeon first. Even though the office is closed if you call the main number they should have an after hours service.
rbb825
on 8/29/11 2:40 pm - Suffern, NY
You need to get your urine tested - it could be a UTI,kidney infection or kidney stones.  It is very common for us to get kidney stones postop.  You should get to your PCP or ER to get tested - CT and urinalysis.

Most Active
Recent Topics