I was in my local Big lots and found Muscle Milk brand protein H2O sugar free,

calories 60
Sodium 25mg
Potassium 50mg
Total Carb 6g
Dietary Fiber 5g
Sugar 0g
Protein 10g

I stocked up on these they only had grape and orange, but has anyone used this product post op
I was thinking about freezing them when I am at the hospital and taking them out one by one when I get home that way I get use to sipping slowly

My nut said this is really good esp since the protein is from whey protein isolate and the fiber is 5g

I hope I like them

Whats your thoughts?

Dee2011
on 8/28/11 10:27 am - PA
When I met with my nut I had drank one muscle milk and it was on my daily intake sheet, she saw and and said that I should get something with more protien and not to waste my money on these.  I drink RTD Pure Protien whucch I get at GNC.  I also have used Premier RTD bought at Sam's club though my perfernce is Pure Protein.  35 grams of protein per can.
YankeeRose
on 8/28/11 10:34 am - Meadville, PA
Hey Dee, do those RTD Pure Protein drinks from GNC have that "whey" smell? Everytime I try a RTD shake it also has that funky whey smell that I just cannot seem to get past. I would like to find a RTD that does not have that smell and aftertaste.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Dee2011
on 8/28/11 11:16 am - PA
Rose, I don't believe so.  I drink them right from the can and I don't smell anything and I never had an after taste either.  I love them for when I'm in a pinch getting out the door in the morning or when I go on trips I pack them so that if I have to go to a retaurant that doesn't have good protien at least I can drink one of those.
RainDiva
on 8/28/11 12:32 pm
Ok good to know

YankeeRose
on 8/28/11 10:30 am - Meadville, PA
Wow, I didn't know Muscle Milk made protein water. It sounds like a good option to me. I would also suggest that you get some protein shakes that have a higher protein content such as 20 grams of protein or higher. I say this only because it is very hard in the beginning to get in all the required protein (60-80 grams). However, that being said, these sound like a great option. I am going to have to check out my local Big Lots and see if they carry them.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

RainDiva
on 8/28/11 12:35 pm
I wanted to check reviews on this product and I see only good reviews but when I googled it I did notice one post said muscle milk brand discounted the water maybe that is why big lots has them I want to go back and get more tomorrow

unewillow
on 8/28/11 12:43 pm - CT
*STOP* PUT ON THE BRAKES!!!

Have you tried these drinks yet? Before you go out and buy a ton of anything, try and and make sure you like it. And even then, do not buy a ton because your tastes will likely change post-op.

I also would be wary of freezing them, I know a lot of post-ops can't do cold liquids...bothers their pouches. Most people do better with room temp or warm liquids.

RainDiva
on 8/28/11 1:00 pm
I did try one tonight they r good at big lots they r .75 cent but amazon is around 2.50 each. I did hear that taste change after surgery. If that happens my hubby will drink them no problem there. I read some books and have had a few friends that suggested freezing water etc. But they said nothing about it bothering them. I guess we r all different. Going to be a lot of trail and error I guess thanks for the info

poet_kelly
on 8/28/11 3:14 pm - OH
I was the opposite.  I had to have drinks ice cold or they  made me nauseous.  I kep****er in the fridge but then had to pour it over ice anyway for it to be cold enough for me to get it down.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 98 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views