SCALE????

Dan OBrien
on 9/13/11 3:17 am - FL
I weighed myself yesterday - 328.  I weighed myself last night - 334.  I weighed myself this morning - 328.

This might seem obsessive, but really I had been checking out scales online, and read some reviews about fluctuations.

Is it possible to gain 6lbs over a day and then drop it again overnight?  That seems like an awful lot of water weight.

If not, any suggestions for a good scale that is very accurate?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Reddheadd7
on 9/13/11 3:26 am - CA
More than not you will weight more in the evening that's why you should always weigh yourself first thing in the morning (after you pee) and naked!! That's your true weight.

I bought a scale from Weigh****chers that also measures body fat which is really accurate. I compared it to the doctor scale and body fat hand held at curves and I got the same measurements.

Dan OBrien
on 9/13/11 3:36 am - FL
Which one and where did you get it?
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.                                                                         HW: 396 GW:230

Reddheadd7
on 9/13/11 3:46 am - CA
It's called Weigh****chers WW35D Glass Body Fat Scale and I bought it right off of Weigh****chers Website (weigh****chers.com) on sale but I don't see it anymore. They also have one that measures dehydration. That's pretty cool! Check out the site.
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 4:24 am
I used to have this scale.
It was the best ever!

Unfortuatly it suffered a horrible death when my upstairs neighbor had a plumbing problem and flooded my appartment.  =(
newmerightnow
on 9/13/11 6:30 am - AK
I have this scale...and love it.

lilbear412
on 9/13/11 3:29 am - MN
 I am not sure how accurate my scale is because its showing i am losing weight and i haven't done that for a long time...hehehehe...but i use a weigh****chers scale.  it seems to mesh with the doctors scale pretty good too.  Funny but just for fun i weighed myself yesterday morning  and i weighed more than i did when i weighed last night and then this morning i was 4 lbs lighter..

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

AnneGG
on 9/13/11 3:34 am
I have a Withings wi-fi scale that communicates with my computer, my iPad, and my iPhone (yes, I'm a techie freak). I like it because it keeps a graph of my progress, and also has a line that shows my weight average over time. My daily weight can easily go up and down from day to day, and does- my graph looks like irregular saw teeth. I would think that the up and down would be greater for men.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

mrslatch
on 9/13/11 4:16 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Its completely normal. Its called youve had food and drink! lol
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

adamsamah
on 9/13/11 6:46 am - Nixa, MO
Can I jump in and suggest weighing once a week? I would lose my mind if I weighed twice a day. I had my husband hide our scales when I found myself obsessing, and yes, weighing twice a day is obsessing!!
Give it a shot. Your clothes and tape measure will let you know how you are doing and if you are following your instructions, getting in the protein, vitamins and water you need and avoiding the whites (bread, rice, potatoes, sugar, flour and pasta) you will lose.
Heck, you might go for once a month and give yourself a real surprise!
Hugs,
Lana

Adamsamah, Lana
"WLS is about making better choices, a healthier lifestyle and seeing how little you can eat.  Portion control is the key to all weight loss surgeries.  Bottom line - it isn't how much you can eat - it is how little you can eat."

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 161 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 294 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?