couple of ?????

emt_amy
on 9/13/11 7:30 am - MN
I have a few questions,
1. What is nsv? It's popping up everywhere and I don't know what it means.
2. How long did it take you to want solid food? I'm going crazy. Lol I know I can't have it and I won't even consider trying it till I get the ok but I want something with texture!!!!!
3. Any ideas for something for me to drink besides crystal light and water?

Thanks a million!

Traci Burgess
on 9/13/11 7:39 am - Anchorage, AK
Hi
NSV is Non Scale Victory. 
I was the same way,  I was tired of soft foods and liquid in no time at all.  I was very glad when I could eat something I actually had to chew. 

I really like sugar free Hawaiian Punch orange ocean.  It is my favorite drink out of all that is out there.  I also like the Zero Propell in Black Cherry, Peach and Lemon but the Peach and Lemon are hard to find. 

Hope that helps. 

Good Luck
Traci
poet_kelly
on 9/13/11 7:41 am - OH
1.  Non Scale Victory

2.  I don't remember.  A few weeks, probably.

3.  Decaf iced tea, decaf hot tea, decaf coffee (hot or iced), herbal tea (hot or iced), water with lemon or lime, clear protein drinks like Isopure or Cytosport, protein shakes, sugar free Koolaid, skim milk (in limited amounts, do to the calories), diluted fruit juice (also in limited amounts due to calories and sugar - make sure it's 100% pure juice, no HFCS!), sugar free hot chocolate, sugar free hot apple cider (comes in little packets, found near the hot chocolate in stores).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

emt_amy
on 9/13/11 7:43 am - MN
Thanks guys!
cedarstar
on 9/13/11 12:46 pm - Manitoba, Canada
We have the same surgery date!  I really looked forward to moving past just liquid. I'm not quite ready for anything that would sit too heavy. As it is now one week past surgery I was able to move to the puree stage. Last week on liquids warm broth was the best. It feels so good going down. I also really enjoy sf jello. Yesterday I had a bit of cottage cheese and it sat well. Today I had tomato soup. I mixed protein powder with the milk and it was so good. I've also tried a bit of applesauce and yogurt. I am using baby spoons and try one spoonful first to see how it sits before continuing. I serve myself in 4 oz dishes. There's a lot that can be done with the foods if we use our imaginations. I have also found so many recipes and ideas others posted here that will be very helpful too! Just make sure to follow what is given to you by your surgeon as they all have different guidelines in place. Good luck!

My phase 2 for the period of 1-4weeks after surgery set by my NUT includes:

clear or low fat cream soups with no noodles or chunks
yogurt (less than 1
% m.f.), kefir
sugar-free pudding made with skim milk
sugar-free custard
protein powder smoothie (can add fruit)
% or skim milk, unsweetened soy milk, rice
milk
dried skim milk powder
fruit juice or pureed soft fruit llike applesauce
pureed baby foods
peeled, pureed fruits and vegetables
unsweetened applesauce
pureed chicken, turkey, or fish
cream of wheat, oatmeal

hw-251

sw-225

surgeon's goal-170

my goal-135

lilbear412
on 9/13/11 12:59 pm, edited 9/13/11 1:11 am - MN
A couple weeks ago someone was complaining of having to continue eating pureed food still. I was a week behind this person and i was like oh don't sweat it...your almost done. I am now where she was and i am soooo tired of refried beans and pureed meats and thats about it. i need soem texture, some crunch which i know will be awhile but i swear i am dreaming of baked chips and salsa. I am not hungry really but my mouth needs something to crunch on..lol Next week i think i get off of pureed so i am just biding my time. lol I will eat a saltine or ritz that basically melt just to get some crunch next week. lol
I love Propel mixed berry and peach and my old favorite is aquafina flavorsplash mixed berry and raspberry which suddenly don't seem nearly as sweet. you can drink tea also.
Also, i am eating coco wheats or cream of wheats for breakfast and that is something i have not gotten sick of yet. lol i just started on some applesauce also and that went well.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

rbb825
on 9/13/11 5:20 pm - Suffern, NY
I was told NSV was non surgical victory - so I guess there are few interpretations.

At GNC there are Zero carb Isopures - they are 40grams of protein for 20 ounces of fluids.  You can make protein shakes with milk, sf syrups, ice cubes, protein powders, sf pudding, fruit and put in blender.  I use all chocolate flavors, 1 1/2 scoops of protein, soy milk and a banana and it is delicous.  45 grams of protein.

If you can have mush - yogurt, applesauce, ricotta cheese, sf pudding - you can add unflavored protein powder to these if you want extra protein. Also, cream of tomato soup - campbells makes a good one

Once on the pureed stage - take tuna, egg, chicken or turkey and put in a food processor until ground up and add mayo.  Not bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics