Final meals?

littlewitch1973
on 9/16/11 11:40 pm - NY
 My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday... what was your last meal?

I have craved so many things in the last few weeks.. pizza, steak, popcorn!! 

I want to know what some of your last meals were before surgery..... 

poet_kelly
on 9/17/11 12:00 am - OH
I haven't eaten my last meal yet.  I'm still alive and kicking and eating good food every day.

Whatever you eat in the next few days is not your last meal, either.  I know many people feel that way, but it's  just not so.  You will eat at least most of the things you love again after surgery.  Just not for a little while.  Maybe in slightly healthier versions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/17/11 12:10 am - TX
Yes, what Kelly said.....

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Angie H.
on 9/17/11 12:28 am - TN
I decided to eat steak, because my physician wants you to wait one year before you eat red meat again. I'm not the HUGEST steak fan, but I do love a well cooked streak. So I had Wild West Shrimp appetizer from Longhorn (all time fav), ribeye steak (that was AWESOME), and Fried Cheesecake for desert. (Another all time fav). It was all sinful but it was my choice for my last really unhealthy meal. The rest of the day I had clear liquids - I couldn't be a total pig... lol...

I am post-op day 5 now. Clear liquid diet with protein.

Enjoy your last horribly unhealthy meal..... The "good stuff" is yet to come!!!

Bralen
on 9/17/11 1:12 am
Why does your surgeon make you wait a year to eat red meat?
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
asiaisacontinent
on 9/17/11 5:07 am - MI
I'd be curious to know as well. This was never mentioned to me!
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board 

lilbear412
on 9/17/11 12:23 am - MN
 My last significant thing i ate before surgery was a cuban sandwich...toasted bread like a panini with pork, ham and cheese.  Pretty awesome.  Was just talking to the DH about how its been like a month since i have eaten out.  Actually probably longer.  You will get to eat again shortly.  But as far as size goes, not in the quantity you did before.  LOL  So go out and have a big steak and enjoy..  oh and good luck on the surgery.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Bralen
on 9/17/11 1:11 am
My last meal before starting my liquid diet was a bean and cheese burrito and a huge strawberry margarita from my favorite Mexican restaurant. It was awesome! Just so you know, I had the same meal, minus the margarita, just last week. I couldn't eat all of it but I ate as much as I wanted to. It was just as good.
Start weight 263     Surgery weight 247  
flyingwoman
on 9/17/11 1:28 am
My last meal was churrasco - portuguese grill with hot sauce and baby roasted potatoes and rice. I also had cupcakes from a specialized bakery.

I had a lot of "last" urges in the weeks before surgery, and looking back I have to laugh but also have compassion for myself. This last supper I so needed, that I perceived as so important back then, and that I feared I would never eat again... it's so symbolic.

I could eat the components of that meal today. Even the cupcake, (but if I did it would be the tiniest bite). Back then I thought about how physically barred I would be from food. Almost as if surgery would act like the safety bars on a rollercoaster. Now I know it's a much more subtle and integrated thing.

Best,

~Mo
littlewitch1973
on 9/17/11 1:59 am - NY
 I plan on having Steak as my last meal for a while. 

While I realize I can actually eat most things I love, I know it will be a long time before I can have steak. 

I have a few more days before my clear liquid diet (only one day before surgery) and I honestly dont think that will bother me - I have had to do clear liquid diets in the past due to some kidney problems during pregnancies. 

I dont really crave sweets - I enjoy real food more, so I dont think giving up sweets will be too much of a problem!! 

Thank you all for your "last meals"!! I love seeing what others have done, and learning from them. I know I will have to relearn to eat and how to make protein filled meals, but am looking forward to that challenge!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics