Got my date...

Patty P.
on 10/6/11 3:23 pm
They called today seems date is November 7th. She said something about pre-surgery kit for 260.00 protien shakes and what not...says its required or they will not do the surgery, and something about testing for it. really??? what kind of tests can they run to check that?  What the big difference if I use my protien shakes?

Thanks...
poet_kelly
on 10/6/11 4:01 pm - OH
I can't imagine what kind of test they could do.  They could test your protein level in your blood, but that only shows that you've been getting enough protein.  It would not show if that protein had come from shakes or chicken or milk or whatever.

I would find it very objectionable if a surgeon tried to insist I had to use a brand of protein shakes he sold.  If he recommends a shake with a certain number of calories and a certain amount of protein, that's fine, but he should not insist you use something he sells. 

Is your pre op diet two weeks?  $260 sounds much to expensive for two weeks worth of protein shakes.

Do you know what kind of shakes they are?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

vidsid
on 10/7/11 4:15 am - OH
I had to go through "Pre-Admission Testing" 3 weeks before my surgery date (which is in less than two weeks now!).  All of the co-pays, etc. were do at that time. It entailed blood work, EKG, Pulmonary testing and a couple of one hour classes about pre and post surgery.
waitingtoexhale69
on 10/7/11 7:57 am - IL
I don't get that either, sounds kinda strange.  It sounds like he getting some kind of kick back from the company he's trying to sell or something.  My pre -op was merely blood work,  a clear liquid diet for a week and I choose what protein drink I purchased.  I bought mine from Walmart. 

Patty P.
on 10/7/11 9:19 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 195 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 254 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 264 views