I hope this doesn't hurt!

bittybabynurse
on 10/7/11 5:39 am - MN
I have some grapefruit, it is the kind, I think made by DelMonte, that comes in a jar in no sugar added, sweetened water. It doesn't have the skin on it like a segmented fresh one would.... Anywho... I was eating some and a big gust of wind blew through the house and slammed the side door shut nearly scaring the grapefruit juice out of me. I ended up swallowing the piece that I had just put in my mouth - about an inch and a half to two inches long. Whoop. It went down just like that. I don't feel any pain now, and I'm hoping because it doesn't have any membrane/skin on it that it will just breakdown easily...

Really early on I remember eating too fast and not chewing well enough, but I think that was painful right from the the start... Oh well, I hope it doesn't hurt. Especially since I didn't get to enjoy eating that segment....

Highest  272 Consult 265 Goal 165 Current 158    

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
waitingtoexhale69
on 10/7/11 7:06 am - IL
Hopefully everything will be fine.  It's funny you should mention that aabout the grapefruit.  I was at Walmart yesterday and wanted to buy that same thing, but I said no because of the skin thing.  I had a taste for it so bad.  Yes youright sometimes it slips us about the chewing thing because it's been such a habit for mostly our entire life to gulp, without thinking.  LET US KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNS OUT!  Take care.

bittybabynurse
on 10/7/11 7:11 am, edited 10/6/11 7:12 pm - MN
So far, so good! This stuff is great!
Here's a link:
http://www.delmonte.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=443& c=215.223.226
its a little spendy, but I splurge on them. This is a great palatte cleanser after a meal too! They're MY treat! DD likes them but DH doesn't so he leaves them alone. The sweetened water they're in makes me feel like I am drinking grapefruit juice!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Holly O.
on 10/7/11 8:55 am - FL
Glad your o.k.  it is a little scarey when that kind of thing happens!!  I am going to check out the website you posted!!  Keep up the good work!!
   Holly                                      
waitingtoexhale69
on 10/7/11 7:16 am - IL
Thanks for that, I'll have some.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/7/11 1:58 pm - OH
I trust that you are fine.  I have accidentally swalled thing unchewed a couple of times over the last 4 years and never had a problem, but everyone is different, of course.

I love the segments in the jar because the membrane or whatever the covering of the individual segments of citrus fruits are one of the 5 things I cannot eat without physical illness/discomfort since surgery.  Yes, they are pricey but sometimes it's what I want so I buy it anyway.  I now eat mandarin oranges instead or regular oranges or tangerines.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

bittybabynurse
on 10/7/11 2:14 pm - MN

Thanks for asking - thankfully no problems from swallowing the segment! Those jarred segments are the best. Prior to surgery I would eat them because I hated taking the time to peel all of the stuff off of the regular oranges or grapefruit. Now I do it more for fear of problems with the membrane, etc. Plus they taste great! They are worth the cost in my book!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker]
Most Active
Recent Topics