woohoo.. im not freakin like i was

immafatgirl
on 10/14/11 11:47 pm - KY
i am 25 lbs down since sept 25th .. at first i thought i was dying , yelping on here. oh whoa is me. it gets better every day . just like everyone has said..i miss food and sometimes. wellllllllllllllll. I CRY.. but when i see the lbs come off , i dont care about that kit kat ...
Nessy2976
on 10/15/11 12:06 am - MD
 I am 8 weeks out and it is WONDERFUL!!!! I wish I would have done it sooner. I sometimes forgot now that I even had surgery, that is until I eat...lol.  That is a quick reminder   Keep up the GOOD work!!
 "Patience is bitter, but the fruit can be sweet."                            
Holly O.
on 10/15/11 1:36 am - FL
Awesome!!  I am 4 months out and down 60 lbs.  every day and every month gets better and better!!  Hang tough, it is so rewarding as you keep moving along!!
   Holly                                      
lilbear412
on 10/15/11 2:13 am - MN
 yep it gets easier but harder at the same time.  i am almost 8 weeks out and have lost almost 50 lbs..TOM isn't helping so i keep going between 47 and 50 lb loss this week.  lol  i think its harder now cause something strange is going on with me and i am not sure what it is.  My belly feels hungry.  Can't say its actually my pouch but i have that hungry feeling?  i just drank a protein shake 1/2 hour ago and i know is more of a slider food but i feel so hungry.  Need to start drinkign more water i guess.  I was soooo hoping i was restricted more as i am eating MORE than i am suppose to  for some meals.  I am only suppose to be eating 1/4 cup a meal..there is no way.  i am hungry.  Oh and i am not suppose to snack..but do one a night to help with my protein.  i have heard by multiple sources that eating 5 or 6 meals a day will keep you content and keeps your metabolism burning so you don't crash and go into starvation mode.  So thus the 3 meals and at least one snack a day.  Seems to have kicked my losing back in too as i was on a lulll for about a week.  

good job on the weight loss though and glad your feeling better.  wish i would have done this much sooner.  i have never cried over food yet.  lol  but now that you mention it..would love a kit kat too..ha!!

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Momx4kids
on 10/15/11 3:55 am - Abbotsford, Canada
At 8 weeks out you could or should be eating at least 1/2 cup at a meal if you can. I think I did three 1/2 c meals and two protein shakes at 2 months out if that helps. I know in the early stages I found it hard to do the 1/2 cup at first, but the lbs just started dropping off!
Rhonda

devasinger
on 10/15/11 2:34 am, edited 10/15/11 2:38 am - Baltimore, MD
 Thank you for your post.  I just had an emotional breakdown two days ago.  My surgery was Oct 3rd.  I feel as if I am on an island alone.  Although my husband got his lapband on Septmber 9th, he is eating foods with the kids and still losing.  I am still drinking.  It also appears that my sense of smell has heightened and I can tell what they are cooking or eating in my house all the way up to the third floor.  It isn't so much the food, that is one aspect of it, it is all the other things that are going on.  I am much better today and know that it does get better.  The journey is ....but I am ready, willing and able!

We can do this!

Peace and Love,
devasinger

sunpat41
on 10/15/11 6:50 am
I am 6 months out and down 74lbs I still only am able to eat about 1/4 cup at a meal, I can eat anything, I don't get sick, I feel great have more energy then I have ever had, I eat right but only a little fills me up or when I think I had enough I stop, you are doing great and keep it up It gets better and better, come here for support good luck to you
Patty
                        HW 250/ SW 246 CW 137

nana2boys
on 10/15/11 4:54 pm
At 4 weeks, my dr had me eat 3-4 ozs at each meal.  and also two snacks a day.

immafatgirl
on 10/16/11 7:04 am - KY
i meant sept 13th. just making a correction.
Most Active
Recent Topics