In for a hectic 2 months ahead

Cecilia W.
on 10/24/11 9:37 pm - Northport, AL
RNY on 02/06/12
Hi everyone

So, last time I posted I was seriously upset about a hitch in my WLS pre op hoop jumping. I found out that I have abnormal cells in my thyroid, and am going to have to have it removed ASAP. I was seriously bummed. I felt every time I try and get this surgery, something always comes and keeps me from it. Now I am looking at things different.

After reading my health insurance, I found that maybe this detour may actually be a blessing in disguise! Because of a low out of pocket maximum on my policy, if I can finish jumping through all the hoops fast enough, have the thyroidectomy and get clearance in time to have WLS by the end of the year, it may actually be possible that insurance will pay for it 100%!!! (only have to have sleep study and psych eval which is this Friday)

So, it may be a long shot, but I am going for it. It will be a busy and hectic road ahead, but I am up for the challenge. I have already discussed this with my WLS surgeon, and they say as long as my thyroid surgeon clears me for surgery, then they are happy.

So, if I may ask, please keep your fingers crossed for me!

jdragr
on 10/24/11 9:48 pm - AL
RNY on 02/09/12 with
Will be thinking good thoughts and I completely understand. I am trying to get mine in by the end of the year for the same reason. Hope we both make it.
SW 296

lanagirl
on 10/24/11 9:49 pm
I actually have a friend who had the same thing happen and she had her Thyroid out 2 weeks ago. I don't want to be a 'Debbie downer' but her Dr told her it would take 6 months or more to stabilize her new meds before she could even think about having the WLS. Good luck to you though, maybe your Dr is different.

Cecilia W.
on 10/24/11 9:55 pm - Northport, AL
RNY on 02/06/12
JD- Hi fellow Bama person! I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well.

Lana- Like I said, I know it's a long shot, but my WLS surgeon's office seemed positive about it, and the woman told me that it was a possibility. I will be calling the thyroid doctor today to inquire about it as well.
lanagirl
on 10/24/11 11:03 pm
I hope you can get it in!

Most Active
Recent Topics