yet another dumb question.....

emt_amy
on 10/27/11 7:03 am - MN
Can we have ham? I cooked a ham steak at work today for the ladies and I tried a bite and threw it up...... I had covered it with ketchup too. That got me to thinking.......

seashell6417
on 10/27/11 7:20 am, edited 10/27/11 8:02 am - Gaylord, MN
Even at over two and a half years out I still have a hard time w/ pork.  I have to really concentrate and chew super well and then chew it again or it will get stuck and sometimes come back up.
Tami

Frances S.
on 10/27/11 7:27 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I do fine with ham... love it.. I can't do pork chops, but ham and sausage, no problem.  However, when I was only 2 months out I had issues with meat in general as I learned just how much I needed to chew to not get things stuck.

CarolBeth
on 10/27/11 8:14 am - SoCal, CA
I do fine with ham as long as it isn't too smoky.  I tried some chicken apple sausage last night and couldn't do that--just too rich.  Pork tenderloin goes down really well, pork chops are ok as long as I really concentrate on chewing very small bites.  Give it another try when you're farther out.
Carol - RNY July 11, 2011

Carol M.
on 10/27/11 8:23 am - TX
 Ketchup is full of sugar.  So be careful of that.  I have given up ketchup.
Carol , East Texas
Erica H.
on 10/27/11 2:09 pm
 Heinz has a no sugar added ketchup now that has only 1 gram of sugar... Taste's just like regular ketchup :)
emt_amy
on 10/27/11 10:16 am - MN
I got lucky and do not dump on sugar.
Thanks guys.
tiffers1971
on 10/27/11 10:35 am - IN
just because you haven't dumped before doesn't mean you won't ever.
Bre K
on 10/27/11 10:46 am - Stamford, CT
In the beginning when I was just less than 6 mths out I could not eat pork to save my life. I did not like the smell and when I tried to eat it, it would never stay down. Now at two and half years out, I can eat it with no problem. I watch my portions and chew very thoroughly so not to overfill my pouch.

So it is still early for you so give it some time and then try it again. U may be pleasingly surprised! All the best
BRE visit http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/changedforGodforlife/membersCheck out Fairfileld County Bariatrics WTNH, www.wtnh.com/dpp/ct_style/health_fitness/fairfield-county-bariatrics 

emt_amy
on 10/27/11 12:45 pm - MN
Umm, carol....I just checked and ketchup has 4 grams of sugar per serving.
Most Active
Recent Topics